As a Statistical Modeling Analyst, you will be placed within our Supply Chain Planning organization, in the Demand Planning Team in Barcelona. In this role you will have to work on streamlining and automating the current forecasting process by working step-by-step through the forecast and identifying key pinch points of the procedures that can be modified to create a more efficient process, improving forecast accuracy and bias reduction; In addition you will participate in forecasting model and business process design under the guidance of senior team members.
- Implement and validate predictive models and create and maintain statistical models with a focus on big data.
- Participate in the design, development, testing and implementation of statistical forecast models to support the demand planning process.
- Design new and innovative analytical solutions to predict customer behaviors & recommend actions to drive desired outcomes.
- Build standard reports for trend analysis and exception management.
- Develop programming for demand pattern recognition, algorithm selection, outlier correction, and parameter optimization.
- Participate in the periodic statistical forecast review sessions with Demand Planners to address statistical modeling issues and incorporate business domain knowledge provided by the Demand Planners.
- Work closely with senior team members to align statistical forecast models and processing with business requirements.
- Participate in demand signal data reporting and analysis development projects providing statistical modeling support and expertise.
- Project activities will require strong collaboration with business users and other project team members.
- Examine your own methodologies to find ways of improving predictive accuracy.
- Streamlines and automates ad hoc reports.
You are the ideal candidate for this role, if you:
- Are currently studying / just finished studies on an Econometrics / Statistics / Probability Theory or Operational research.
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods, analytical and data mining techniques.
- Being familiar with ERP systems (SAP-JDA), query languages (SQL), macros (VBA), data visualization tools (PowerBI) or cloud-based environments (Azure) is a large plus.
- Have a strong command of English language (at least B2 level, spoken & written)
- Use Microsoft Office, especially Excel confidently (complex formulas, pivoting, etc. )
- High quality of work and attention to detail with good organizational ability.
- Have a strong sense of responsibility, customer-oriented mindset, and you have no problems to meet strict deadlines
- Have the ambition to “walk that extra mile”, and open for intellectual challenges.
- Are passionate about your work, and love if others around you feel the same.
- Are willing to work with us for at least 6 months, dedication above 6 months is a large plus
What Ecolab offers to you in this role:
- Competitive internship stipend
- Flexible, pre-agreed work-time, respecting your other duties at the university (but at least 30 hours / week)
- Being part of establishing a new team from scratch, discovering together how a team of young enthusiasts can work efficiently on new processes to change the way how a multinational company operates
- Workshop and project-like team environment, where creative ideas and additional effort is greatly appreciated
- Chance to lead subprojects, experiment with different technologies to translate data into value-adding solutions
- Regular one on one reviews, large focus on your personal development
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.