Ecolab is seeking a Food Safety & Brand Standard Specialist to join its EcoSure division, an industry leader in food safety and total quality assurance. Our specialists are valued food safety & QA experts, trusted by our customers in the food service, long term care, and hospitality industry. We are seeking professionals to provide best-in-class, comprehensive on-site evaluations and training to help our customers maintain the highest standards of food safety, cleanliness, guest experience and brand protection.
What’s in it For You:
- Paid training program that includes job shadowing, e-learning modules, structured field activities, and customized classroom style training
- Become a NEHA Certified Professional in Food Safety (CP-FS) and maintain professional credentials on current industry state and federal regulations
- Receive a company vehicle for business and personal use
- Plan and manage your schedule in an independent work environment
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Thrive in a company that can provide a long-term career path in operations, training, sales, or leadership
- Be part of a company that values a culture of safety that includes top-notch safety training and personal protective equipment
What You Will Do:
- Conduct food safety, brand standard and workplace health and safety evaluations at customer locations using a foundation of consulting, coaching and training to achieve guest protection and satisfaction
- Provide effective customer communication and develop strong relationships
- Partner with Account Management teams and other divisions within Ecolab to solve customer challenges
- Complete a budgeted number of audits each week that creates a high level of customer satisfaction
- Access and utilize key industry leading food safety practices and continual, active monitoring of health inspection information
- Utilize Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technology to ensure efficient planning as well as a tablet to perform essential job functions
- Support the growth initiatives of our company and our customers
- Candidate must reside within 5 miles of the territory, preferably in Chicago. Territory includes: Gold Coast, Wrigley, Lincoln Park, Logan Square, Irving Park, Lincolnwood.
- Percent of overnight travel required: Up to 25%
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years food service or hospitality industry-related experience; OR completed Associate’s Degree and 4 years of food service or hospitality industry-related experience
- Willingness to work occasional evenings, weekends and overtime as business needs dictate
- Willingness to complete operational assessments within nursing homes, assisted living, and senior living facilities by interacting with staff and residents while adhering to HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) guidelines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook
- A valid driver’s license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- No Immigration Sponsorship available
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds
- Ability to inspect customer playgrounds by climbing, crawling in tight areas and going down tube slides
- NEHA CP-FS, Registered Environmental Health Specialist or Registered Sanitarian credentials
- Experience in food safety and brand standards evaluations
- Teaching or coaching experience in a food related field
- Relationship management capability and advanced consulting skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle tasks and work efficiently against deadlines
- Strong planning and organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively without supervision, showing initiative, good judgment and superior decision-making and problem-solving skills
Competencies and Skills Required for the Position:
- Customer Focus
- Plans and Aligns
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Being Resilient
- Situational Adaptability
- Drives Results
EcoSure, an Ecolab division, provides onsite evaluation, training and consulting services to foodservice customers of all sizes and across industries, from restaurants to lodging and long-term care, to help them minimize food safety risks, ensure guest satisfaction and protect their brand. With best-in-class Food Safety & Total QA programs and a dedicated expert service team, we deliver Insight. Action. Results.SM to our customers, so they can focus on running a safe and successful business.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.