Job Characteristics:Follows quality control guidelines and procedures to ensure that raw materials and finished goods comply with engineering and product specifications. Supervises technicians in conducting quality assurance tests to ensure that products meet established specifications.
Independence Level/Reports to:Authority to approve/reject incoming raw materials/package supplies and in-process and finished product. Authority to place product on hold for quality deficiencies. Train, direct, lead, and motivate QC staff to analyze raw materials and finished goods in conformance to specifications. ISO Certification responsibilities / internal audits as well as leadership responsibilities within risk inventory management.
- Supervises the timely and accurate testing and evaluation of all raw materials, in-process, and finished materials, as well as environmental samples to ensure quality specifications are maintained and governmental compliance is assured.
- Investigates and analyzes Quality Assurance problems and customer complaints. Works with appropriate personnel to resolve problems and reduce off-spec production and/or improve existing procedures.
- Communicates technical information regarding changes in formulation, specifications, procedures, etc. to appropriate personnel.
- Oversees the maintenance of laboratory and/or facility analytical equipment and initiates the purchase, installation and implementation of new equipment. Establishes or approves new tests and/or procedures for improved monitoring or analysis.
- Performs Gatekeeping and Product Introduction Process responsibilities for introduction of new products, raw materials and/or processes.
- Performs SAP Power User duties for the Quality Module (QM) for all products and raw materials, as well as associated packages of products and raw materials.
- Ensures product formulas and specifications are current and have MSDS information available.
- Ensures that Lab Personnel are trained in the safe handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Requests development or is responsible for developing new or improved analytical techniques and manufacturing procedures.
- Selects, trains, and develops a supporting staff and significantly inputs into Lab Technicians performance appraisals together with the Production Manager.
- Provides technical assistance to Plant Operations, Research, Marketing and other manufacturing facilities, as required.
- Maintains accurate records and monitors quality performance.
- Performs other related duties, such as routine Quality Assurance testing, as required.
- Maintains and promotes a safe and orderly working environment, as well as smooth Lab operations.
- Maintains professional expertise and keeps abreast of new technological developments related to Quality Assurance and/or the Product Line.
- Evaluates trends in test results and recommends updates and revisions to specifications, test methods, etc., to personnel responsible for products, raw materials, or processes.
- Determines the quality of all nonconforming materials. Works with Research and Marketing to reach disposition decisions, and set up work-off procedures, or disposal of the material as necessary.
- Performs ISO Management Representative Responsibilities, internal auditor, and Lead auditor duties as required for the company.
- Any other duties commensurate with the grade and level of responsibility of this post, for which the post holder has the necessary experience and/or training
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree Qualified within a relevant Science Discipline.
- 4-6 years of relevant field and laboratory experience; preferably in a laboratory services role.
- Experience in analytical procedures pertaining to product QC and technical qualification.
- Previous chemistry laboratory experience working within approved best practices (ISO, ASTM, API etc.)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.