With annual sales of $15 billion, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. Our 49,000 associates help make the world cleaner, safer and healthier by delivering critical insights and innovative solutions to help our customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments at nearly three million customer locations in more than 170 countries.
Our innovative products and services touch virtually every aspect of daily life and are used in hospitals, hotels, restaurants, schools, manufacturing plants, refineries and other locations throughout the world. Many of the world’s most recognizable brands rely on Ecolab to help ensure operational efficiencies, product integrity and brand reputation.
When you come to work at Ecolab, you get to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges – and have the opportunity to learn and grow, shape your career, make an impact and quickly see the importance of your work. For more Ecolab news and information, visit www.ecolab.com.
The Xamarin Developer will develop, build, and support system enhancements and applications using multiple technologies. The successful candidate will have both technical depth and breadth. The successful candidate will have experience designing, developing, and testing mission-critical applications. Technologies include, but are not limited to Xamarin, iOS, Android, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, mobile data synchronization, C#, ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API, XCode, Microsoft SQL Server, SQLite, and Microsoft Azure.
What you will do:
- Ability to communicate and interact with business partners and collaboratively define solutions to address key opportunities.
- Develop designs and specifications based on business requirements.
- Responsible for the scalability, robustness, and reliability of all solutions within the application area.
- Responsible for defining and following best practices.
- Evaluate, suggest and implement third party software as needed.
- Ability to jointly and independently make decisions, define required changes, and communicate modifications to entire project team.
- Pro-actively consult industry best practices in software design and integration solutions
- Deploying an application to the Apple App Store or to Google Play
- Deploying supporting applications using release management technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related discipline
- 6+ years of professional work experience
- 4+ years developing with C#, C++, or other object-oriented platforms
- 2+ years mobile application development on iOS and/or Android platform
- 1+ year experience working with Xamarin development platform
- Experience in a structured and formal software development processes
- Experience developing in an Agile / SCRUM Environment
- Experience developing mission-critical applications
- Knowledge of Mobile Platform Architectures
- Experience in desktop development and Microsoft technologies including Visual Studio 2015 and greater, WPF, C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server 2016 or greater, stored procedures, and object-oriented design
- Experience with developing applications as part of a cloud-based solution
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of REST, JSON, Postgres or PostgresSQL
- Strong business and technical acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Ability to keep informed of industry trends and technologies and apply them quickly through POCs or full applications
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.