Come join Ecolab’s industry leading Institutional sales and service team as a Hospitality Territory Sales Representative in the Victoria, BC market and see why Selling Power has consistently ranked us as a top company to sell for. Ecolab is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services, providing and protecting vital resources. We make the world cleaner, safer and healthier by providing cleaning and sanitation solutions for food safety, infection prevention and public health.
What’s in it For You:
- Begin your career with a formal training program allowing you to learn from successful sales professionals.
- Grow your income as you drive sales once your training is complete.
- Company vehicle for business and limited personal use.
- Carve out a long term, advanced career path in sales and service, corporate accounts, distribution, and management.
We are seeking highly motivated sales professionals who are eager to sell for an industry leader and winning company. We offer exceptional career advancement opportunities, flexibility in your schedule, and the opportunity to grow your income. If you are ready to carve out a challenging, yet rewarding career opportunity with a stable, growing and global company, we encourage you to consider us.
This outside sales opportunity is within our Institutional division, Ecolab’s largest division, which offers comprehensive products and programs that meet the needs of our customers — from restaurants, hotels and long-term care facilities to schools, commercial buildings and military facilities. By partnering with our customers everywhere they need us, we help keep their operations clean and safe, ensure their businesses perform well and enable them to make the world better. Ecolab has built a reputation for excellence by setting the standards for superior performance. We are looking to hire employees that will continue to build and grow on this standard of excellence and work to create the Ecolab experience for all.
You will begin your sales career with a paid training program that includes job shadowing, e-learning modules, structured field activities, and customized classroom style training. You will benefit as you learn from professionals who have proven success in the field – many of our current Regional and Area Managers started their careers as Territory Sales Representatives.
Upon successful completion of your training, you will work independently and thrive in a dynamic atmosphere where you will impact customers and make the world cleaner, safer, and healthier every day. You will serve customers across the entire hospitality and food service industry. You will thrive as you drive sales in your market and build relationships by providing customers with innovative products, sales demos, regular service, and ongoing training.
- Maintain and grow sales within an existing territory of food service and hospitality accounts.
- Cold call and prospect to secure new accounts.
- Learn customers’ operations and devise unique solutions as their expert on advanced cleaning and sanitation.
- Apply your mechanical aptitude to install and repair dish machines and dispensing systems, demonstrate safe equipment use, and ensure dish machines are fully operational.
- Demonstrate Ecolab’s consultative sales approach; leverage hands-on service to enhance our total value to the customer.
- Provide emergency service coverage after hours to appreciative customers.
- High School diploma; Post Secondary Degree/Diploma is preferred.
- Industry-related experience in foodservice or hospitality is an asset.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, strong relationship management capabilities, and flexibility to adapt and adjust your day to assist customers in this fast paced, multi-tasking, around the clock environment.
- Able to lift and carry 50 pounds, have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Cities Included in this Territory: Victoria and surrounding areas
Weekend Coverage: Once every 5 weeks
Overnight Trips per Month: None
Compensation: A competitive base salary plus commissions, bonus potential, company car, pension plan, education assistance, stock purchase plan and much more!
- Previous business to business value-add sales experience.
- Industry related experience in food service, laundry, housekeeping, hospitality, pool/spa.
- Mechanical ability (plumbing, electrical and/or mechanical experience) and problem solving skills to troubleshoot and repair equipment and dispensing systems.
About Ecolab Institutional:
Discover how our partnership with customers helps serve 45 billion restaurant meals and clean more than one billion hotel rooms. From restaurants, hotels and long-term care facilities, to schools, commercial buildings and military facilities, Ecolab’s Institutional division provides a comprehensive program of customized cleaning and sanitizing solutions to help meet the specific needs of our customers. Join us and help the biggest and best brands ensure guest safety and satisfaction and protect their reputation.
Ecolab is dedicated to employment equity