Territory Representative – Quick Service Restaurants
Work Location: El Paso, TX
Posted Date: January 11, 2019
Ecolab is the world’s leading provider of cleaning, food safety and health protection products and services. Ecolab’s Global Quick Service Restaurant division delivers a comprehensive cleaning and food safety program developed specifically for the QSR industry, partnering with our customers to identify food safety risks and help prevent the spread of foodborne illnesses.
Territory Representatives are responsible for developing and managing a territory of customers in the quick service restaurant industry. Territory Representatives are responsible for the following: growing sales and retaining existing customers by providing service excellence, equipment maintenance and gaining new sales through new products and new customers, and providing customers training on sanitation and food safety through high-quality surveys.
- Maintains equipment and collateral to ensure proper function and appearance
- Completes the required Ecolab QSR visit reports based on the customer’s mandated visit frequency (annually, quarterly, biannual etc.)
- Installs to include ware wash machines, water filtration systems, 3 compartment and mop sinks for existing customers and new restaurant set up.
- Plans and executes an efficient daily route to maximize effectiveness and productivity
- Facilitates the sale of Ecolab products by making suggestions for improvements with existing products and new innovations
- Maintains knowledge of products and their applications for each specific customer
- Demonstrates and trains customers on use of Ecolab products and services
- Maintains positive relationships with customers by evaluating their needs with a focus on sales opportunities
- Effectively engages the right resources to resolve problems
- Manages inventory by effectively merchandising existing inventory and identifying the causes for slow sales in core products
- Meets with store management to provide feedback and findings after the store survey is completed and make recommendations for improvement
- Completes required paperwork including the proper update of customer contact records and the territory management system
- Utilizes electronic and paper reports and other communication devices to communicate with customers, district manager, and the home office
- Maintains adequate levels of car stock inventory to sufficiently support customer needs, keeps organized and easily accessible
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly and long-term plans for both the territory and customer
- Plans work by geography to increase effectiveness and productivity
- Completes and submits monthly plan and all other required paperwork to the district manager in a timely manner
- Completes and submits all hours worked for the week by the established deadline
- Provides survey reports to home office on a daily basis by electronic sync
- Obtains knowledge of food safety and sanitation principles and their application for our customers in food handling and cleaning procedures
- Completes the ICFSM exam training and becomes certified in Food Safety
- Manages emergency calls including nights, weekends and holidays
- Manages days out of the field for meetings, vacation, sick/personal time, training, and rollouts with minimal impact to the district’s objective
- Willing to assist in covering open territories as needed
- Performs and completes other tasks and assignments as directed by management
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds floor to waist
- 21 years of age or older
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Must be willing and able to do overnight travel/be on call
We are looking for candidates who will reside within 30 miles of the El Paso, TX area and willing to travel 5 – 6 overnights per month along with one on-call weekend every 12 weeks.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience (1.5 years of business to business sales or Ecolab experience = 1 year of post-secondary education)
- One year professional work experience
- Proficient in MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to communicate appropriately to ensure actions are taken to achieve business results
- Self-discipline and unwavering sense of urgency to deliver business results
- Related industry experience with concentration in mechanical skills
- Previous sales experience
- Good decision-making and problem solving skills when handling challenging situations in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude to implement change initiatives
- Work in a safe manner and strive for zero work related incident
- Adhere to all Ecolab safety policies (Driver, Workplace, Chemical, etc.) and actively support Ecolab’s culture of safety for our associates and customers
- Ensure proper/safe use of equipment, safeguards, PPE and hazardous materials
- Practice safe driving behaviors and maintain safe driving record
- Report hazards/incidents to manager without delay
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds floor to waist
- Must be able to access and be comfortable with working in a variety of conditions to include restaurant kitchens, greasy, damp and/or dusty locations, confined spaces, and possible hot conditions.
- Must be able to physically perform the essential duties of the position which include lifting, crouching, kneeling, reaching, hand coordination handling parts and tools, walking, standing, sitting, climbing stairs and ladders.
- Must be able to lift and carry tool bag from your vehicle to all customer locations.