Technical Sales Associate
Work Location: Roscoe, IL
Posted Date: December 6, 2018
The Technical Sales Associate will have a basic understanding of the sales process. Will be responsible for assisting in the implementation of strategies to achieve and deliver customer facing project presentations and proposals, working closely with internal engineering, field teams and corporate account teams. The Associate should be customer focused identifying innovative solutions and approaches to customer needs and delivering results based upon objectives. Experience with cleaning and sanitation equipment in the Food and Beverage industry is preferred.
The Associate will be responsible to perform all duties in a safe and professional manner, both in the office and at customer sites (which will include industrial environments).
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (75%)
- Follow-up and drive the sales process with the field sales and customers.
- Ability to increase Ecolab’s position within our customer base.
- Interface with customers to gain understanding of applications and solutions and create proposals to address needs.
- Sustain a sense of urgency around sale’s critical paths and issues.
- Provide technical guidance to corporate and account sales teams as required to establish or strengthen the customer relationship and provide differentiated value.
- Ensure all customer and field sales’ concerns are being addressed.
- Interpret customer buying signals.
- Recommend sales plans and strategies that will maintain and grow sales.
- Develop and provide customer facing sales presentations around our value proposition.
- Identify, monitor, and proactively manage risk.
- Always conduct yourself and communicate in a professional manner.
- Ask for orders; when received, prepare project charters and effectively transition the project to the project management team.
- Align sales execution with the strategy, mission, culture, and ethics of Ecolab.
- Produce quote scopes taking their product knowledge and applying it to the customer’s needs.
- Review, understand, and summarize customer specifications in preparation of assigned project quoting.
- Meetings with customers in corporate and plant locations.
- Attendance at Ecolab field sales team meetings.
- Travel as necessary to support projects and customers (< 25 percent travel required)
- Contribute to internal process improvements.
- Participate in Ecolab safety and HR initiatives with 100% compliance.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ladder work, <4 feet off ground
- Processing plant environment (wet slippery floors, noisy, hot or cold, etc.)
- Possible exposure to any Ecolab sanitation products used in customer facility
- Bachelor’s degree in an accepted engineering or technical discipline, sales/marketing, and/or related field experience
- 0-2 years of experience in engineering or equipment sales (Food & Beverage preferred)
- Entrepreneurial attitude, leadership ability, and ability to interface at all levels.
- Experience in industrial process control (Food & Beverage preferred)
- Ability to comprehend and develop detailed proposals, including sales strategies
- Excellent communication, documentation and organizational skills