Category: Supply Chain
Work Location: Istanbul, Istanbul
Posted Date: December 6, 2018
Join Ecolab’s Supply Chain team as Procurement Specialist in İstanbul and help make the world cleaner, safer and healthier. We’re growing and need talented people like you to help us continue to protect the world’s most vital resources.
In this role, you will be a key member to drive and support service improvements, working together with material management and other functions in the plant to drive plant execution and minimize product service issues. You will work with suppliers to manage the issues of purchasing of chemical and other components for all manufacturing needs including liquid chemical mixing and packaging raw materials, nonstock items for manufacturing, and non-stock items for engineering and reliability, including original
equipment manufacturer (OEM) parts.
What’s in it For You: The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
What You Will Do:
- Conduct material and spend analyses to find opportunities for service and process cost savings and structural changes within the context of corporate goals and initiatives
- Collaborate with the Plant Buyers / Quality managers to improve on Service level & Quality
- Train others in the use of standardized reports, spreadsheets, and databases
- Support the vendor bidding process and analyze data to determine optimal outcomes for business needs.
- Identify trends from Service & Quality data and use that information to recommend / implement action plans with the vendors / internal customers.
- Identify savings projects and opportunities in plants.
- Manage urgent ad hoc and routine requests to meet the needs of procurement managers. Prepare and present presentations and reports intended for internal and external audiences
- Identify systemic issues and recommend process improvements; integrate updates of procurement requirements into department processes.
- Implement and train on new procurement processes.
- Good in Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Subject matter expert in master data and ERP systems + Service + Quality
- University Degree or Higher education in Business Administration or Economics or Engineering or Finance (Chemical/Mechanical/Industrial/Automation/Banking)
- 2-5 years of previous experience in procurement, direct / indirect materials for the chemical or FMCG industry, Supply Chain processes or consulting industry.