Sr Technical Sales Representative
Work Location: Chicago, IL
Posted Date: October 10, 2018
As the industry leader in water technology, we’re growing and need talented people like you to help us continue to protect the world’s most vital resource.
Nalco Water, an Ecolab Company, seeks a Senior Technical Sales Representative to join its industry leading sales team. You’ll be responsible for revenue and profit growth of programs and services in targeted accounts. Using a consultative sales approach, you’ll build relationships with existing customers by executing system assurance programs that meet their key business needs. With strong account leadership, you’ll also convert strategic competitive accounts and sell new technologies to current customers.
What’s in it For You:
- You will join a growth company offering a competitive base salary, bonus structure and benefits
- A company vehicle and cell phone
- A long term, advancing career path in service, sales or management
- Access to the industry’s most innovative training programs
- Support from a dedicated technical service team
- A culture that values safety first, including training and personal protection
- Pride in working for a company that provides clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
What You Will Do:
- Generate and execute sales plans and strategies to close new opportunities in existing customer base, and in major, competitively-held accounts, to meet defined territory profit increase goals. Target % sales time will be approximately <X-X%>
- Demonstrate strong team leadership by coaching and training other District Reps, championing corporate initiatives, and planning and leading portions of District Meetings
- Work closely with large, strategic current and prospective customers to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow sales within assigned territory
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders within current and prospective customers, including plant or facility executives
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer challenges, escalating as required.
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels
- Actively sell and support Nalco Water innovations and technology with assigned customers to promote long-term business relationships with Nalco Water
- Plan and execute successful customer and prospect Seminars, demonstrating Nalco’s market leadership within the local geography
- Advise business unit leadership on products and strategies to expand market share
- Partner with Corporate Account Managers to close strategic, multi-location corporate accounts
- Demonstrate the ability to stabilize jeopardy business in large, strategic accounts
- This position is based in Chicago, IL.
- Territory covers about a 50 mile radius of the surrounding area
- Targeted accounts are within the Heavy industries with a focus in Chemical Processing and Power Generation
- Some overnight travel required
As a trusted partner, your customers will rely on you for their success. Nalco Water is committed to seeing you succeed and provides innovative training programs to ensure you’re prepared to solve any customer problem.
Training programs are held in the field and at Nalco Water Headquarters in Naperville, IL; travel is arranged and paid for by Nalco Water. Based on your skill level and experience, topics covered may include technology, product, service, business and industry acumen, direct coaching and mentoring, sales management and leadership, classroom training and certifications.
<If applicable, relocation assistance would be provided for the right candidate>
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8 years of technical sales or field sales support experience
- Possess a valid Driver’s License and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (chemical, mechanical, industrial) or life sciences (biology, chemistry, etc.)
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Extensive knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems
About Nalco Water:
In a world with increasing water shortage and contamination challenges, Nalco Water, an Ecolab company, helps customers conserve more than 161 billion gallons of water each year. We work with customers across the world in the light industry (institutional, food & beverage, transportation and manufacturing), heavy industry (chemical, power and primary metals industries), paper and mining operations to reduce, reuse, and recycle their water while protecting their systems and equipment. Nalco Water provides the unique opportunity to work with a broad suite of technologies to deliver automated monitoring systems, data analysis and deep technical expertise to increase efficiency, sustainability and performance for our customers.