Technical Account Specialist
Category: Research, Development, & Engineering
Work Location: Greensboro, NC
Posted Date: October 1, 2018
Ecolab, Quick Service Restaurants, is the leading global supplier of cleaning and sanitation products, programs and services to national quick serve restaurants. Our mission is to provide cleaning and sanitation products and programs that help ensure our customers have clean, food-safe environments.
The Technical Account Specialist will serve as the main technical contact for a specified set of divisional accounts and work in conjunction with the designated Corporate Account Manager (CAM), provide corporate-level technical support, including new product introductions and field test management. This will include working closely with account-specific marketing and sales resources to function in a team support role. Secondary responsibilities will include providing technical support for strategic product and system development projects in both laboratory and field settings.
What you will do:
- Provide technical expertise, support, and solutions to a specified set of Ecolab customers where interaction will occur both at the corporate and individual store level and will be coordinated through the Corporate Account Managers
- Develop, coordinate, and execute customer-driven technical projects, including analytical testing, field test support, material evaluation, and equipment performance testing
- Create technical documents including training manuals, troubleshooting guides, laboratory SOPs, and customized cleaning procedures
- Actively participate in technical professional affiliations to enhance technical competency and solidify customer relationships
- Assist in the launch of new products in conjunction with marketing, marketing services and sales team members
- Support strategic project development with hands-on laboratory and field work
- Communicate customer-generated ideas to sales, marketing and RD&E and provide input to the discussions about how to profitably apply those ideas to the business
- BS in Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Bio-Science or Earth Sciences
- 1+ years experience in a customer facing role
- Ability to travel up to 25% for work
- Immigration sponsorship is not offered for this role
- Financial or business experience helpful but not required
- 2+ years professional experience in a customer contact technical environment
- Must perform well in a team-driven atmosphere
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including technical writing abilities required
- Must be able to interact with both corporate and individual store level customer contacts and provide hands-on troubleshooting assistance with product and equipment issues.