Category: Supply Chain
Work Location: Texarkana, TX
Posted Date: July 11, 2018
Nalco Water, an Ecolab company, is looking for a Process Operator to join our industry leading Nalco Water team. If you are a passionate technical professional that enjoys working in a hands-on environment, we invite you to apply. You will be joining a talented team that is responsible for performing all necessary tasks to manufacture blend products.
What’s in it For You:
- You will join a large growing company offering excellent benefits
- Opportunity for a long term, advanced career path
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
What You Will Do:
- Operate a PC to perform various production functions such as generating process orders, inventory checks, label making, and some quality checks.
- Prepare drums, pails, totes, and other containers for transport of products.
- Operate pumps, valves, and other processing equipment for safe and efficient chemical production.
- Operate all transporting equipment used to receive raw materials and the transport of products.
- Effectively load and unload bulk materials from tankers.
- Make necessary hose line-ups for loading material from tankers into vessels and vice versa.
- Maintains clean, safe, and environmentally compliant work and storage area.
- Labels packaged material in accordance with company policy and government regulations.
- Operate scales and maintain drumming platform.
- Prepare drums and totes for loading and shipping.
- May perform necessary Quality Assurance tests.
- Stage and charge raw materials into batches.
- Work week and shift: Must be open to all shifts
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to physically perform the essential duties of the position which include lifting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, balancing, walking, standing, talking and hearing
- Must be able to wear a respirator under certain conditions
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam
Special License Requirements
- On occasion, the individual may be required to run errands locally or to deliver pumps or other equipment to nearby paper mills. These duties require an ability to operate small trucks and automobiles, and the individual must be a registered motor vehicle operator in his/her state of residence.
- The individual must maintain a suitable driving record to remain qualified to drive on company business. A Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) will be checked annually to assure compliance with this requirement.
- Ability to analyze readings and put data in a spreadsheet in a logical manner
- Possess above-average verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to explain results of data gatherings
About Nalco Water:
In a world with increasing water shortage and contamination challenges, Nalco Water, an Ecolab company, helps customers conserve more than 161 billion gallons of water each year. We work with customers across the world in the light industry (institutional, food & beverage, transportation and manufacturing), heavy industry (chemical, power and primary metals industries), paper and mining operations to reduce, reuse, and recycle their water while protecting their systems and equipment. Nalco Water provides the unique opportunity to work with a broad suite of technologies to deliver automated monitoring systems, data analysis and deep technical expertise to increase efficiency, sustainability and performance for our customers.