Category: Regulatory Affairs
Work Location: Sydney, New South Wales
Posted Date: July 11, 2018
Every day, we make the world cleaner, safer and healthier – protecting people and vital resources. Ecolab is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services. Around the world businesses in the mining and refining industries, industrial and oil and gas markets choose Ecolab products, programs and services to keep their environment clean and safe, operate efficiently and achieve sustainability goals. Our global workforce of over 44,000 employees is consistently delivering comprehensive solutions that meet the unique needs and demands of our customers.
Ecolab’s regulatory affairs team ensures that our chemical and hygiene products are moved, stored and used in a safe and compliant manner. We are currently looking for a Product Safety/Stewardship Specialist to join the team to provide regulatory support to our customers and our internal divisions. This role will provide an opportunity to be part of a diverse and global team dedicated to ensuring product safety.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing hazard communication information on our chemical and hygiene products, including Safety Data Sheets
- Learning the processes for the safe introduction of new products
- Participating in technical meetings of product safety issues
- Liaising with our regional and global regulatory teams
- Working with divisions and functions to roll out regulatory driven projects
- Participating in cross-functional projects, representing the regulatory function
- Understanding and communicating hazards and how they impact the movement of chemicals
- Understanding and documenting relevant regulations impacting on product safety
To be successful in this role, you will need the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry preferred, or a related Science
- 3+ years’ experience in Regulatory Affairs
- High commitment to Safety, Environment, Occupational Health and Quality.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Office.
- Strong attention to detail and calm under pressure.
- Experience in GHS and SAP would be an advantage
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and interpret technical and regulatory documents.
At Ecolab, we are dedicated to ensuring our associates are provided with an environment geared toward the recognition of achievement, growth, safety and well-being. We also offer our associates opportunities to participate in Ecolab stock ownership, health and well-being subsidies, study subsidies, product and service discounts, and the opportunity to champion community activity programs.
Ecolab is an equal opportunity employer that relies on diversity of our work force to drive innovation and growth.