Technical Support Chemist
Work Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posted Date: October 5, 2018
Fixed-term duration: 12 months
Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company, seeks a Technical Support Chemist to join our UK Sales team on a 12-month fixed-term basis. An excellent opportunity for someone looking to enter the Specialty Chemical industry or who wants to build on their knowledge and experience. You will understand technical or professional aspects of work and continually maintain and build on this knowledge base whilst providing routine, non-routine and troubleshooting issues related to Production Chemistry. You will support the Nalco Champion Sales Team, onshore, offshore and occasionally internationally. You will benefit from full training in this role.
What’s in it For You:
- Thrive in a Company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment;
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a Company that is passionate about growth;
- The support of an organisation that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best;
- Comprehensive benefits package.
What You Will Do:
- Ensure all duties are carried out in accordance to Nalco Champion and Customer QHSE systems ISO 9000:2001, ISO 14001 & OHSAS18001.
- Produce technical reports to meet Customer requirements.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of personnel within Nalco Champion and Customer’s organisations.
- Prepare and present technical information to a range of personnel.
- Gain offshore experience in scoping, undertaking and reporting production chemistry trials/project work.
- Ability to follow quality procedures for both onshore laboratory and field evaluations.
- Demonstrate rapid reaction to day-to-day issues.
- Maintain accurate records and documents.
- View issues in terms of costs, profits, markets and added value.
- Monitor and control all works within budget and schedule.
- Chemical selection, application and performance monitoring.
- Ensure all equipment and test kits are fit for purpose and available for use at short notice.
- Ensure certificates and training courses necessary for travelling and working offshore are valid.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- HNC/HND or Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or other Science Subject.
- Awareness of commercial/financial principles.
- Experience using Microsoft products.
- A flexible approach to working and ability to self-start projects.
- Writes in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language.
- Speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups.
- Ability to work in offshore environment.
About Nalco Champion, An Ecolab Company:
Ecolab’s Energy Services business, Nalco Champion, provides specialty chemistry programs and related services for upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas operations looking to maximize production, protect assets and reduce operating costs and environmental impact. Through on-site problem solving and innovative technologies, our team provides solutions that help energy customers overcome complex challenges in the world’s toughest energy frontiers.