Category: Field Support
Work Location: Manila, Manila
Posted Date: May 23, 2018
Performs services at customer job sites as assigned. Services include start up commissioning, preventive maintenance, repair services, equipment and analytical testing, completion of personal service reports and basic operational training for customers, and similar field tasks. Responsibilities may extend to stock control and include ordering on the customers’ behalf.
- Provides on-site customer service for limited product/application/system offerings in accordance with the service plan. Documents all work and service, including evaluation of plant personnel test results, chemical application rates, chemical and test reagent inventory levels, and program deficiencies/corrective action required.
- Diagnoses, repairs or adjusts equipment and trains customers in these procedures. Adjusts chemical dosages/applications when necessary at full service accounts. Requires creativity and ingenuity in devising solutions to customer problems and the ability to operate independently with minimal supervision. Performs basic start up services, preventive maintenance, and basic general services on Company’s product/application/systems offerings.
- Complete required field documentation and reports and electronically transmit appropriate completed reports (i.e., job related field service report, expense report, etc.) in a timely fashion as dictated by Company policy and departmental procedures.
- Works with Nalco sales personnel to discover customer needs and maintain account leadership.
- Participates in local district meetings, regional meetings and Nalco seminars.
- Responsible for all aspects of safety on the job, including the operation and maintenance of assigned company vehicle, the compliance with Nalco Safety, HAZMAT & Product Stewardship policies, and complying with Nalco policy regarding the shipping of analytical samples.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Usually requires two to four years related experience and the ability to successfully interact with customer personnel. Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems and computer skills required.
- Minimum of two years of repair, troubleshooting, or field service experience.
- Must adhere to the Company’s and customers’ safety, alcohol, and drug policies.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to work flexible hours and travel as required
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential.