Ecolab has an opportunity for a VAT Analyst and a Junior VAT Analyst to join our European VAT Operational Team in Budapest. These roles will primarily responsible for reporting and accounting duties related to our corporate VAT activities across the Europe region. The successful candidates will deliver monthly and annual reporting, forecasts and work with a multifunctional team based in Budapest and throughout Europe.
At Ecolab we find solutions for the world’s biggest problems. Around the globe, our customers trust us to keep their environments clean and safe, help them to operate efficiently and to achieve their sustainability goals, but working at Ecolab is more rewarding than just helping to make a difference in the world. It’s about being part of a team that gets results, has fun and makes huge positive contributions to the lives of others. Plus, we offer professional education support and even the possibility of hybrid work solutions, flexible working hours and comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment.
What You’ll do:
- VAT compliance (preparation): VAT, Intrastat and ESL reporting – plan, organize and ensure all compliance reporting for Ecolab across Europe.
- Coordinate the timely and accurate issuance and retention of the required reports.
- Keeping contact with other departments to achieve the accuracy of VAT accounting records including sub-ledger accounts, general ledger balance sheets and P&L.
- Support VAT account reconciliation
- General usage of internal/external software
- Exhibit and demonstrate the ability to lead activities for her/his area, capable of planning, organizing and controlling.
What You’ll need:
- BSc or MSc graduate in Economics, Accounting, Finance
- 1-2 years relevant experience – for the Analyst role
- Fluency in English
- Additional European language is an advantage
- Basic European VAT Compliance, report and filing requirements (it is advantage for the Junior role)
- Knowledge of MS Office – especially Excel; experience with MS Excel macro/VBA is an advantage
- Knowledge of manufacturing ERP and reporting systems – especially SAP (which is an advantage for the Junior role)
- You need physical residence in Hungary or willingness to relocate
Our Benefit package contains:
- Private health care package (Medicover)
- Language courses
- and many more
Are you up for the challenge?
Apply now and let's create a cleaner, safer, and more sustainable future together!
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.