Warehouse Forklift Operator
Ecolab, the global leader of premium cleaning, sanitizing and maintenance products and services for the hospitality, institutional and industrial markets is seeking a Warehouse Forklift Operator.. This role is responsible for the accurate and timely picking, packing, preparation, and shipping of all customer orders. Additionally, the role is responsible for accurate material handling and cycle count functions.
What’s in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day one of employment including medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
Click Here to see our benefits.
What You Will Do:
- Manually picks full-case orders and stacks them onto pallets using a scanner/tablet
- Ensure proper staging and identification once an order has been completely picked
- Use various pieces of equipment (manual pallet jack, electric pallet jack, reach truck and propane lift) to move pallets
- Verify quantities, quality of items and proper labeling of products that are being shipped
- Examine all packaging and contents of items for quality
- Verify all packaging information against the packing list and SAP
- Coordinate with other departments such as customer service, production, instant and small pack
- Manage shipping box assembly, induction for packaging and label preparation/application
- Load trailers with packed boxes and pallets
- Identify items with a quantity discrepancy and promptly communicate with Supervisor and/or Lead
- Maintain the 5S cleanliness of the picking area and pulls completed shrink-wrapped orders to the dock for packers
- Follow all safety procedures and policies
- Follow all warehouse procedures and policies
- Other duties as assigned
- Plant location: Joliet, IL
- Work week and shift: B shift 2pm – 10pm, C shift 10pm to 6am, 24/7 Nights 6pm – 6am
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous plant or warehouse experience
- Previous reach truck operating experience
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role
- Must be able to lift/carry 50lbs
- Must be able to pass a drug screen
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Click here to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here.
Covid-19 Vaccine Notice
Due to local mandates and customer requirements, applicants for certain customer-facing positions must be fully vaccinated (which in some situations requires a booster if eligible), unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab. All applicants should be aware that Ecolab is a federal contractor. If the federal contractor vaccine mandate is reinstated in its current form, all Ecolab employees will need to be vaccinated, or have an approved religious or medical accommodation in place.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolab will provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with our application process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require accommodation assistance in this application process, please call Ecolab Recruiting Support at (866) 841-6682 for assistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Benefits we offer
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families.
We offer benefits to support our associates’ health and wellness, such as healthcare and time-away policies. We also offer benefits designed to promote our associates’ financial well-being, including short- and long-term financial incentives and retirement income and planning.
Specific offerings may vary by location. For more detailed information, please speak with your recruiter.
My Impact Is...
…making real world products and delivering them to customers on time and in full.
…staying safety-focused for my teammates and quality-focused for my customers.
…bringing innovative products to market.