Ecolab, the global leader in premium cleaning, sanitizing and maintenance products and services for the hospitality, institutional and industrial markets is seeking a Chemical Mixer. This role is responsible for mixing chemical batches by following standard formulas, applicable instructions and current standard operating procedures.
What’s in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day one of employment including medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
Click Here to see our benefits.
What You Will Do:
- Review daily mix schedules and ensures the raw materials required are available
- Follow mix instructions and accurately adds raw materials to the mixes manually, using pumps or mixing systems
- Mix batches using variable agitation
- Perform routine observation of product during the mixing and filling process to ensure batch quality. Report any out-of-spec raw material, premixes or mixed batches and consults with Quality personnel on any batch adjustments.
- Properly cleans out all mix tanks
- Operate fork trucks, palletizers, scales, pumps and other material handling equipment to transport raw material and finished product
- Perform building and equipment preventative maintenance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Plant location: 3901 Terry St, Texarkana TX
- Work week and shift: Monday – Thursday: Training will occur on the Day Shift from 5am to 3pm. The shift will change to 3pm to 1am after training.
- Compensation package offered: $18.33/ hour
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work safely and efficiently
- Ability to understand systems, pumps, read meters, basic Quality Control data and to track mixing and quality information (mix logs, batch adjustments, etc.)
- Ability to perform basic Quality Control tests (take samples, perform pH tests)
- Excellent attention to detail; must be able to simultaneously mix several tanks and accurately complete related documents
- Ability to read and match numbers on shipping records, labels, raw materials and finished goods
- No Immigration Sponsorship available for this opportunity
- Must be able to lift/carry 50lbs
- Must be able to participate in respirator fitness, if required
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam
- Previous experience working in a chemical and/or manufacturing environment
- Basic knowledge of chemistry
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Click here to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here.
Covid-19 Vaccine Notice
Due to local mandates and customer requirements, applicants for certain customer-facing positions must be fully vaccinated (which in some situations requires a booster if eligible), unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab. All applicants should be aware that Ecolab is a federal contractor. If the federal contractor vaccine mandate is reinstated in its current form, all Ecolab employees will need to be vaccinated, or have an approved religious or medical accommodation in place.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolab will provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with our application process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require accommodation assistance in this application process, please call Ecolab Recruiting Support at (866) 841-6682 for assistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.