As the industry leader in water technology, we’re growing and need talented people like you to help us continue to protect the world’s most vital resource.
Nalco Water, an Ecolab Company, has a future need for a Field Service Technician to join its industry leading service team in the Food/Beverage & Manufacturing Division. You will partner with Managers on executing service plans and providing customers with problem solving support. You will be given a territory and will be responsible maintaining and calibrate chemical feed equipment and process monitoring equipment.
What’s in it For You:
- You’ll join a growth company offering a competitive pay and benefits
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment – medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
- A long term, advancing career path in service, sales or management
- A culture that values safety first, including training and personal protection
- Pride in working for a company that provides clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
What You Will Do:
- Execute required chemistry tests, log and report data, and maintain product inventories at customer accounts
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer challenges, escalating as required.
- Establish effective working relationships with a variety of customers and partner with them on best practices.
- Install, calibrate and maintain chemical feed equipment and process monitoring equipment at customer accounts
- This position is based in Cedar Rapids, IA
- Targeted accounts are within the light manufacturing
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Possess a valid Driver's License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Immigration sponsorship is not available for this role
- Must be able to access and be comfortable with working in a variety of conditions to include confined spaces damp and/or dusty locations, freezing conditions and hot conditions;
- Must be able to physically perform the essential duties of the position which include lifting 50 lbs., stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, use hands to finger, balancing, walking, standing, talk and hear;
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exams
- Associate’s degree or trade school certification
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
About Nalco Water:
In a world with increasing water shortage and contamination challenges, Nalco Water, an Ecolab company, helps customers conserve more than 161 billion gallons of water each year. We work with customers across the world in the light industry (institutional, food & beverage, transportation and manufacturing), heavy industry (chemical, power and primary metals industries), paper and mining operations to reduce, reuse, and recycle their water while protecting their systems and equipment. Nalco Water provides the unique opportunity to work with a broad suite of technologies to deliver automated monitoring systems, data analysis and deep technical expertise to increase efficiency, sustainability and performance for our customers.
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Click here to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here.
US Federal Covid-19 Vaccine Mandate
Due to legal requirements applicable to federal contractors, applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated (i.e., 14 days past the final dose of a COVID-19 vaccine regimen) and provide proof of vaccination prior to their start date unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolab will provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with our application process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require accommodation assistance in this application process, please call Ecolab Recruiting Support at (866) 841-6682 for assistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.