A trusted partner at nearly three million commercial customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services. With annual sales of $13 billion and more than 45,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights, and personalized service to advance food safety, maintain clean and safe environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve operational efficiencies and sustainability for customers in the food, healthcare, hospitality, and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world.
This position is a Corporate Finance position within the Finance Systems, Corporate Planning and Analysis organization. This position is expected to collaborate and communicate effectively with a worldwide Finance organization to ensure the use of EPM is consistent with the Global Ecolab system and reporting strategy.
What’s in it For You:
It offers the opportunity to interact with the global finance team and support a wide variety of reporting activities and initiatives by supporting financial systems for our US and International finance staffs. This position is responsible for maintaining business critical systems activities, reports, and processes, providing ad-hoc analysis to support business initiatives, and participating in key Finance Systems projects, in support of Oracle EPM (Enterprise Performance Management) tools within Corporate Finance. Included in this scope is assisting the extended Finance team in reaching their deliverables surrounding the annual plan, mid-year business review, monthly forecast submissions, and monthly management reporting activities. This position reports to the Lead Business Systems Analyst.
The Oracle EPM environment is the core Ecolab corporate financial planning, analysis, and management reporting solution, deployed globally across Accounting and Control, Corporate Planning and Analysis, and Division and Region Finance staffs.
What you will do:
- Provide business process and ad-hoc support for global finance associates during monthly close/reporting cycles, enabling the larger Finance team to use EPM system capabilities effectively and efficiently to complete business cycle deliverables
- Design, test and deploy modifications to system hierarchies, calculations, automation, integrations, and job scheduling for activities within scope
- Develop and maintain management reports and input forms utilizing SmartView and Standard Reports
- Recommend and implement improvements to both systems and processes; expand learning and knowledge beyond current role
- Create and deploy end-user training materials and facilitate training sessions
- Administer system security cases in ServiceNow related to EPM & Hyperion Planning/Reporting user access
- Perform system audits as necessary to ensure internal process and SOx compliance
- Participate in other Finance Systems projects as assigned designed to align and enhance the Planning, Forecasting and Management reporting capabilities within the finance and EPM system landscape
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or IT
- 2+ years’ experience working within a global Finance, Accounting, or Finance Systems environment
- Experience using Oracle EPM technologies (HFM, Planning, Essbase, etc.) or similar toolsets
- High attention to detail and focus on control processes
- Experience interacting with a diverse, global finance team across multiple business segments
- Process-oriented and data driven approach to problem solving
- Ability to translate business discussions into clear, concise, specific requirements and deliverables
- Ability to work comfortably with various organizational levels
- Significant knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office toolset, including SQL Management Studio to author/modify queries or reporting
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.