Ecolab is seeking a Demand Planner to join our Supply Chain Planning team and play a vital role in driving transformation and improvements in Demand Planning and S&OP. You will have the opportunity to work with cross-functional teams in Supply Chain, Sales, Marketing and Finance to develop and execute an accurate demand plan to meet customer needs and drive company growth.
What You Will Do:
- Improve forecast accuracy by driving the monthly product demand forecast cycle, utilizing the existing statistical forecasting application. Validate data inputs to the forecast and review and fine tune the statistical forecasts, where applicable.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to incorporate current and long–term market intelligence into the demand plan at product, customer and market levels and to develop, document and update the assumptions supporting the demand plan.
- Partner with Marketing to incorporate new product introductions, product conversions and product deactivations into the plan.
- Utilize exception management and root cause analysis to identify forecast deviations and issues for correction by collaborators.
- Monitor the demand plan performance (forecast error, accuracy, bias) by measuring actual versus planned performance at multiple planning levels. Prepare performance metrics and distribute to collaborators as feedback for continuous improvement.
- Develop a demand-based revenue plan by business unit for comparison against annual business plans and financial forecast updates. Challenge the sales and marketing assumptions when significant deviations occur between the demand-based revenue plan and the business plans.
- Deliver the unconstrained demand plan to Supply Planning in the required format.
- Represent Demand Planning in the S&OP process and meetings.
- Conduct additional analysis projects as needed.
What’s in it For You:
- Opportunity for a long-term career path that allows for exposure into all areas of the Ecolab’s supply chain
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture and has been recognized as one of the most ethical companies in the world
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Marketing or a related field
- 3-5 years of experience in demand planning, product marketing and/or a related field
- Fluent in English.
- Experience with existing statistical forecast application (JDA).
- High level proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency in SAP.
- Previous project management experience, including Lean Six Sigma and/or Green Belt certification
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Effective at building relationships and utilizing problem solving skills to drive decisions and build consensus among stakeholders
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.