A trusted partner at nearly three million commercial customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services. With annual sales of $13 billion and more than 45,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights and personalized service to advance food safety, maintain clean and safe environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve operational efficiencies and sustainability for customers in the food, healthcare, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world.
Ecolab’s Nalco Water Primary Resources sector is seeking a business focused Data Scientist to unlock the value in data assets while maintaining and creating unique offerings for customers in the Industrial segment. In this role, you will work with the business innovation teams, marketing, sales, and customers along with expertise from Ecolab’s Center for Advanced Analytics, to help develop the data strategy and advanced analytics pipeline for the business. In addition, you will take on a currently deployed, revenue generating analytics product, owning the execution and enhancements required for customer success.
What’s in it For You
- Opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy, and healthy environments.
- Ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth.
- Support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives, and ideas to achieve our best.
What you will do
- Actively engage with internal business teams to understand industrial challenges and deliver robust, data driven solutions.
- Lead ongoing analytics delivery of currently deployed products, live at our customers.
- Work alongside global counterparts to solve data-intensive problems using standard analytical frameworks and tools.
- Be encouraged and expected to innovate and be creative in your data analysis, problem solving and presentation of solutions.
- Network and collaborate with a broad range of internal business stakeholders to define and deliver joint solutions.
- Work alongside customers to leverage cutting edge technology (machine learning, streaming analytics, and ‘real’ big data) to creatively solve problems and disrupt existing business models.
What you will bring to the table
- A problem-solving mindset with the ability to understand business challenges and how to apply your analytics expertise to solve them.
- The unique person who can present complex mathematical solutions in a simple manner that most will understand including customers.
- An individual excited by innovation and new technology and eager to finds ways to employ these innovations in practice, meanwhile embracing the full product lifecycle for digital data science.
- A team mentality, empowered by the ability to work with a diverse set of individuals, understand, and deliver cross-functional requirements to enable holistic customer solutions.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Math, Statistics, Computer Science, or related field with an emphasis on analytics.
- 3+ Years professional experience in a data scientist/analyst role.
- Proficiency in your statistics/analytics/visualization tool of choice, but preferably in the Microsoft Azure Suite, including Azure ML Studio and PowerBI as well as Python and SQL.
- Excellent communication, organizational transformation, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in Data Science, Business Analytics and Engineering.
- Experience with Azure GOV.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.