Ecolab, the leading global developer of premium cleaning, sanitizing and maintenance products and services for the hospitality, institutional and industrial markets is seeking a Batch Mixer who will be responsible for all aspects of operating, filling, packaging, and tote washing.
What’s in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
What You Will Do:
- Read and interpret mix sheets, assuring proper raw materials are used
- Check all raw materials to be used for any contamination
- Operate various controls to move liquid materials from storage tanks to mix tanks
- Operate controls to heat or cool batch as needed. Observe chemical reaction in batches, adjusting heat, coolant and/or agitation to maintain batch within specification limits for specific gravity, viscosity, etc.
- Monitor equipment for failures or potential problems
- Maintain detailed log of times and temperatures of each batch mix on certain special products
- Send samples to Quality Control Lab for tests and make any needed adjustments to the batch
- Mark and control partial lots of raw materials for reuse
- Maintain all necessary reports and comply with all regulations on FDA products
- Control all raw material and product spills to prevent sewer water contamination
- Wear and use all safety equipment provided and follow all safety regulations
- Must follow chemical safety handling guidelines. Extreme care must be exercised to properly follow mix sheets to avoid fire, explosion or toxic fumes
- Plant location: Huntington, IN
- Work week and shift: 2nd Shift, Monday – Thursday, (3:00 PM– 1:30 AM)
- Compensation package offered: $21.85/hr; Benefits include healthcare, dental, and vision coverage, 401K matching, stock purchase program
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read and interpret mix sheets
- Must be able to complete accurate reports
- Knowledge of basic math, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Must be able to read, interpret, and calibrate meters and scales
- Mechanical aptitude required for operation of equipment
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 pounds
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam
- Ability to complete training and master skills that are required by position (including but not limited to Hazardous Material Safety and DOT training)
- Ability to understand and track safety, quality and productivity data, including run rates, fill weights, and averages
- Mechanical aptitude
- Previous chemical mixing experience
- Experience with Total Production Management (TPM) & Continuous Improvement Systems
- Strong attention to detail, good communicator and a team member
- Ability to meet physical requirements of position
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.