A trusted partner at nearly three million commercial customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and infection prevention solutions and services. With annual sales of $13 billion and more than 45,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions, data-driven insights and personalized service to advance food safety, maintain clean and safe environments, optimize water and energy use, and improve operational efficiencies and sustainability for customers in the food, healthcare, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world.
The Institutional GIS Manager (IT Operations Manager I) will be a part of the GIS pooled resources (center of excellence) to support expanded spatial-based business intelligence and territory planning applications within route, district, and sales and operations business planning. Leads the tactical and strategic territory and route planning by interfacing with business leaders to apply meaningful GIS technology and information that improves efficiency of our field workforce.
The GIS center of excellence meets critical business needs by improving responsiveness, effectiveness, and efficiency, through innovative research, defined architectures, planning, and optimal use of GIS and other business information and technology. Enable’s universal enterprise data access by linking geospatial and business attributes to effect efficient territories, measured service, and business expansion.
Your strong GIS technology background and leadership ability will build an Institutional GIS team that provides a consistent, coordinated, and proactive GIS-based planning approach. You will report to the GIS Director of the GIS Center of Excellence (COE) to align new insights to business operations that increases field service & sales efficiency through the identification and application of spatial-based business intelligence. This position could possibly be a remote placement.
What’s in it For You:
- Opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- Ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- Support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
What You Will Do:
- Supervise a team of GIS analysts who are collecting, editing, processing, and modelling mapping data from various sources to produce deliverables that meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Interface directly with Sr. Leaders from the Division and broader COE staff to apply analytical GIS information and processes to help improve route and territory optimizations using multiple criteria, routing models, profiles, and other spatial analyses.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders to ascertain project purpose and GIS information required to support their business needs.
- Consult with other IT sections to coordinate activities.
- Develop project scopes and objectives through hands-on application, networking, research and use of applicable technology.
- Keep up to date with new technology and investigate new applications.
- Lead team members and the field organization to adopt GIS outputs to achieve divisional and company goals.
- Assign subordinates to various projects, direct their activities, review/evaluate their work, and communicate performance results.
- Leverage the broader GIS COE team to apply coding, geospatial, statistical, and modeling tools to uncover underlying opportunities.
- Meet key deliverable timelines to provide detail and summary reporting.
- Confer with and advise subordinates on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities, and methods.
- Coach direct reports, business partners and end users in understanding and adopting GIS information and analysis outputs.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Business, Geography, Planning or related field
- 10+ years of overall GIS experience.
- 5+ years of experience using Esri GIS software products involving GIS data development, manipulation, modeling, and analysis.
- 2+ years of experience with Esri Enterprise/Portal/ArcOnline.
- Experience working with Esri Geodatabase, Model Builder, Python, structuring queries and geographic and spatial methods and techniques.
- No immigration sponsorship available for this position.
- 2+ years of GIS Supervisory experience.
- 2+ years of Esri ArcGIS experience; including Network Analyst tools and functionality including Location-Allocation and VRP.
- 2+ years of experience in fundamentals of Geocoding and Address Matching.
- Experience in SQL Azure and Enterprise Geodatabases.
- Experience in business analysis and applied GIS toward territory & route design.
- GIS Project management experience.
- Experience in global projects.
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision and develop advanced skills.
- Ability to compile, review and reconcile data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and delegate assignments.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, database, and word-processing applications.
- Interpersonal leadership and good oral communication skills.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.