Industrial Hygiene Manager
Ecolab is providing an exciting opportunity to join our Safety, Health & Environment (SH&E) organization as Industrial Hygiene Manager (SH&E Manager I or II). This position will provide hands-on leadership in a highly visible environment focused on occupational health programs. The Industrial Hygiene Manager will serve as the leading subject matter expert in occupational health matters, partnering with Ecolab divisional and international market business partners. This includes but is not limited to, providing strong, independent support in regard to respiratory and personal protective equipment selection, chemical specific programs, training development, hazard communication, exposure investigations, and regulatory compliance. The role focuses on supporting Ecolab’s business divisions engaged in providing products and onsite services to customers in a multitude of industries.
What you will do:
- Take ownership and lead continued implementation of Ecolab’s Global Industrial Hygiene Policy and manage SH&E’s responsibilities related to Respiratory Protection and Hazard Communication (program maintenance, training strategy and content)
- Directly manage relevant programs in North America and provide primary subject matter expertise to international partners
- Recognize, evaluate, recommend, and implement policies, procedures and controls to assure awareness of and compliance with SH&E and IH requirements of the organization.
- Develop strategies and independently perform qualitative and quantitative assessments to evaluate exposure to chemical, physical and biological hazards
- Partner with Regulatory Affairs, sales teams and divisional SH&E resources to support internal and external customers in product stewardship matters
- Partner with Ecolab’s Ergonomics Leader in support of sprain / strain mitigation, office and other focused ergonomics efforts
- Coordinate with other SH&E leaders to ensure industrial hygiene and occupational health issues are adequately addressed through management system and internal audit processes
- Develop training materials (in partnership with SH&E’s Training leader), safety alerts, lessons learned and other relevant communications
- Provide subject matter expertise to Human Resources and other internal partners in regard to medical surveillance practices and requirements
- Monitor and advise the organization as to relevant legal requirements and changes to regulations
- Establish and maintain relationships with vendor partners as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental / Occupational Health, or related Science
- 8+ years of related experience
- Proven ability to lead, develop and implement programs and processes
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Self–driven, results oriented performer
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification – American Board of Industrial Hygiene
- Master’s degree
- Chemicals industry experience
- Global team experience
- Experience in deploying programs in field sales / service organizations
- ISO management systems experience
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.