As the industry leader in water technology, we’re growing and need talented people like you to help us continue to protect the world’s most vital resource.
Nalco Water, an Ecolab Company, anticipates a future need for a District Sales Manager to join our industry leading sales team. You’ll be responsible for revenue and profit growth of programs and services in targeted accounts in the Food, Beverage and Manufacturing division. Using a consultative sales approach, you’ll build relationships with existing customers by executing system assurance programs that meet their key business needs. With strong account leadership, you’ll also convert strategic competitive accounts and sell new technologies to current customers.
Location: Los Angeles area
Territory: Southern California
What’s in it For You:
- You will join a growth company offering a competitive base salary, bonus structure and benefits
- A company vehicle and cell phone
- A long term, advancing career path in service, sales or management
- Access to the industry’s most innovative training programs
- Support from a dedicated technical service team
- A culture that values safety first, including training and personal protection
- Pride in working for a company that provides clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
What You Will Do:
- Drive profit growth to meet defined district profit increase goals by developing and executing a district plan to maximize revenue.
- Regularly interact across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure objectives are met.
- Generate sales forecasts and accurately predict revenue on a monthly basis.
- Participate in strategic & tactical planning for the district by leveraging, allocating, and maximizing ROI for all tools and resources.
- Construct business plans incorporating essential market drivers and all obtainable analytics, while monitoring and adjusting plan according to shifts, emerging conditions, and threats to the business.
- Demonstrate strong leadership by, championing corporate initiatives, and by planning and leading District Meetings.
- Provide continuous coaching and development team of sales engineers and technical service representatives to create and maintain value in the heavy industrial segment.
- Ensure all new hires achieve training standards that lead to expertise in discussing products & services.
- Take action quickly to address performance deficiencies. Maintain documentation and apprise appropriate others of the status of performance issues
- Support team and internal partners in identifying trends, understanding market conditions, and sharing expertise and knowledge.
- Reinforce a clear vision for the team corresponding to strategic objectives.
- Work closely with large, strategic, current and prospective customers to understand business needs.
As a trusted partner, your customers will rely on you for their success. Nalco Water is committed to seeing you succeed and provides innovative training programs to ensure you’re prepared to solve any customer problem. Training programs are held in the field and at Nalco Water Headquarters in Naperville, IL; travel is arranged and paid for by Nalco Water. Based on your skill level and experience, topics covered may include technology, product, service, business and industry acumen, direct coaching and mentoring, sales management and leadership, classroom training and certifications. If applicable, relocation assistance would be provided for the right candidate.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years leading and developing teams
- 5+ years of successful technical sales or outside sales experience utilizing a consultative sales approach.
- Ability travel as required to support the district.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial), or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.); MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of successful technical sales or outside sales experience to include calling on multi-level plant or facilities management, and developing executive-level relationships
- Extensive knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems highly preferred
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.