Join Ecolab’s flagship equipment manufacturing plant in Roscoe, IL to manage, coach, and lead our hourly coaches and team members.
As a Production Team Leader, you will wear the many hats of management to facilitate your team as they produce products during a one shift 10-hour a day operation in a high SKU environment. Use your Lean/TPM skills to inspire our Continuous Improvement and Lean culture change as we make the transformation to a Lean manufacturing plant. You will help your team troubleshoot manufacturing problems in order to deliver quality products on time to meet customer demand, safely.
Location Information: Work at our equipment plant in Roscoe, IL. This is a first shift position supporting a workforce that typically works from 6AM to 4PM, Monday through Thursday, with required overtime.
What You Will Do
- Selects, trains, develops, retains, recognizes, & manages hourly manufacturing employees; prepares qualified candidates for personal succession. Maintains a safe work environment & implements Safety Management System
- Manages daily manufacturing operations of lines or shifts to ensure the manufacturing plan is executed in a manner that meets or exceeds quality & cost objectives
- Ensures the plant is in compliance with all internal & external standards & legislation. Achieves annual OGSM plans for department
- Communicates & reinforces plant plans in area of responsibility. Provides formal & informal reporting on plant performance & issues
- Ensures that Quality system is followed. Ensures products produced meet specifications. Resolves quality, service & cost issues
- Continually identify opportunities for system and process loss elimination to improve safety, efficiency, reduce cost and/or increase service to our customers using TPM tools such as root cause analysis (RCA), 5 why’s, OPL’s, etc.
- Loss analysis and improvement project participation using TPM tools such as root cause analysis (RCA, 5 Why’s, OPL’s, etc.
- Actively participate in regular Kaizen events using TPM tools and methodology. Ensure sustainability of improvements.
- Recommend and implement measures to improve departmental productivity and efficiencies, product quality, methods and working conditions so that downtime is minimized through the use of teamwork and TPM/continuous improvement principles. Promote process and safety improvements through coordination with leadership, T-Card process, WIN Wall process, and other appropriate methods.
- Proactively communicate maintenance needs, quality issues, or other situations that impact safety, quality, or productivity to Team Lead, Coach or the appropriate functional/department leader
- Continuingly identify opportunities for system and process loss elimination using TPM tools.
- Ensure constant communication with management on daily activities and losses inherent to our process
- Assist in the training of teammates both Ecolab and contingent.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a leadership role
- Minimum 2 years of project management experience
- Minimum 1 year experience applying Lean/TPM in a lean manufacturing environment
- No immigration sponsorship available
- Evidence of a mechanical aptitude is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must demonstrate the Ecolab 5E’s (Envision – sees and shares a path to the future; Empower – enables others to do their best work; Energize – inspires and helps build a strong team; Execute – consistently and safely delivers results; Embody – is a steward of our culture and values).
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.