Nalco, an Ecolab company, is seeking a Utility Operator! This role is responsible for packaging finished goods, managing inventory and accurately reporting shipments.
What’s in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments.
- This commercial manufacturing facility supports one of the company’s largest divisions. The Clearing site is one of the larger plants in North America, with 150 employees.
What You Will Do:
- Packaging finished goods using established procedures; including bottles, bins, drums, cans, bags, totes, and drums. Affixes proper labels and markings as directed. Stencils, loads and secures loads.
- Loads and Unloads bulk and packaged raw materials and finished goods empty containers, equipment etc. as directed (written & verbal). Performs equipment checks. Prepares storage areas as required. Breaks down hoses, cleans and put them away.
- Verifies count and description of incoming materials. Takes samples as required. Esures accuracy of outgoing shipments.
- Operates various types of plant equipment including Forklift, pumps, filters, scales, meters, hoses, piping manifolds, level gauges, etc.
- Accurately reports packaging activities on established events such as batch sheets, process orders, weigh tickets etc. Works under guidelines prescribed by pick tickets, bills of lading, production schedules, etc.
- Maintains returnable bin inventory including UN testing, replacing parts, cleaning and painting.
- Maintains 5S standards for containers (various), pumps, hoses, fittings, etc., using established procedures. Cleans work areas and equipment. Cleans spilled material immediately. Assists with maintaining plant standard conditions.
- Processes liquid and solid waste in packages and in bulk. Completed necessary paperwork in compliance with established environmental policies and procedures.
- Follows operating procedures and manufacturing products.
- Records all necessary data and obtains samples. Runs in-process tests.
- May be required to work any shift, including Saturdays/Sundays & day/night. May be required to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Supports and is committed to Nalco Company Clearings Plant Safety, Health, Environmental, Security and Quality principals
- Supports continual improvement activities through active participation in Efeso Routs, process & equipment monitoring and statistical processing data collection
- Supports the processes to meet the requirements of the current ISO and RC Standards.
- Location: Bedford Park, IL.
- Work week and shift: 6:00 PM – 6:30 AM, but will train on day shift.Required to work two weekends per month and designated holidays.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Zero to Three years as a Packager/Utility Operator or equivalent industrial experience
- No Immigration Sponsorship available for this opportunity
- Ability to position self to ascend stairs
- Ability to move a minimum of 50 pounds
- Ability to walk and stand for long hours (6+ hrs)
- Ability to wear and use full face respirator for prolong periods (1+ hrs)
- Ability to wear and function in Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Proficient in SAP and Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word and Outlook
- Proficient and strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills in English
- Fork truck certified or ability to be fork truck certified
- In the process of obtaining drivers license to operate trucks on public roads
- Experience coaching, mentoring and providing feedback
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.