Ecolab, the leading global developer of premium cleaning, sanitizing and maintenance products and services for the hospitality, institutional and industrial markets is seeking a Production Associate (Machine Operator)!
This role is responsible for all aspects of operating and maintaining their line equipment used in the process of filling, capping, packing and palletizing Ecolab products.
What’s in it For You:
- Opportunity for a long-term career path
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture and has been recognized as one of the most ethical companies in the world
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do:
- Operates filling and packaging equipment continually (i.e. filler, sleeve labeler, capper, tape machine, date coder, ink jet printer, hand wrenches, hand stamps, palletizers, and lid presses)
- Performs all operations on the lines (i.e. loading lines with empty containers, labeling, filling, capping, bar coder generation, taking samples, keeping area clean and organized and other related activities)
- Reviews filling and packaging instructions at beginning of line runs and ensures that the correct packaging materials are available
- Ensures that the line is set up correctly per the filling and packaging instructions and adjusts the line as necessary
- Adjusts equipment to control weight, closures, or other as required by the specifications.
- Assists with line changeover, including the collection of wash water, and continuously identify opportunities for system and process waste elimination
- Performs basic to intermediate level maintenance tasks as preventive maintenance.
- Performs basic to intermediate level maintenance repair work in order to facilitate line up time
- Completes and documents activities that measure quality and productivity in an accurate and timely manner and enters the results on paper or in computer. (i.e. taking weights and performing basic quality tests)
- Completes packaging and filling assignment meeting or exceeding the standards
- Ensures that the correct Personal Protective Equipment is available and other safety procedures are understood and followed. (Asks Supervisor for assistance, if needed)
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Actively participate in Kaizens, 5S and special projects
- Plant location: Greensboro, NC
- Wage: $15.00/hour (can vary by experience)
- Work week and shift:
- 2nd Shift: Monday – Friday 2:00 PM – 10:30 PM
- 3rd Shift: Sunday night – Friday Morning 10:00 PM – 6:30 AM
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required
- Ability to complete training and master skills that are required by position (including but not limited to Hazardous Material Safety and DOT training)
- One-year experience in a manufacturing (packaging) facility both operating and maintaining packaging equipment.
- Ability to use basic math, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division of whole numbers, fractions, percentages, and decimals
- Ability to use basic hand tools in the performance of preventive maintenance
- No immigration sponsorship available for this role
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 pounds
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam
- Previous experience as an Operator/Mechanic in a high-performance team concept manufacturing facility OR
- Experience in chemical or material mixing (wet or dry) OR
- Previous extrusion operating experience AND
- Experience with Total Production Management (TPM) & Continuous Improvement Systems
- Previous experience leading small teams either in daily operation or in project initiatives
- Kaizen/Root Cause Analysis/5S/5Y
- Experience with SAP or similar business system
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.