Provides category support to one of the spend categories.
Core Accountabilities –
• Cultivates broad cross functional relationships with peers and leaders in same geographical location
• Builds external networks with suppliers and procurement peers
• Effectively communicates to appropriate stakeholder audiences to drive decision making
• Proactively identifies conflict and escalates as appropriate
• Actively collaborates on a cross functional team to drive business results in same geographical location
• Actively collaborates on a cross functional team in same geographical location to drive business results
• Leads local/regional and Supports global negotiations based on the strategies and needs of the businesses
• Uses both foundational and advanced elements of Total Delivered Cost (TDC) Sourcing processes
• Identifies and prepares market analysis and spend analysis components
• Understands and identifies key loss levers applicable to specific category
• Uses a pre-call plan and shares with leader or peer prior to negotiation
• Understands and maps processes, developed regional cross-functional network.
• Established project planning skills and can create effective project roadmaps.
• Begins monitoring project progress and assisting team to deliver key project elements.
• Subject matter expert on sourcing processes supporting day-to-day Category operations.
• Understands when to escalate issues to eliminate project roadblocks
Business & Financial Acumen
• Basic understanding of Ecolab business model, organizational structure and how the procurement function operates.
• Good understanding of the impact of procurement initiatives to business/stakeholders
• Able to derive key conclusions from data analysis
• Good understanding Supply Chain OGSM process and responsible for reporting procurement metrics**
• Effectively work with suppliers to drive service level assurance and implement sourcing initiatives.
* Reducing COGS, increasing GP, reducing SG&A and improving cashflow
** Structural savings, headwinds and cost avoidance
Typical KPIs –
3 Near miss plus 1 safety plan. No recordable injuries.
Creates and accomplish personal and team’s Safety Plan.
Lives and promotes a Safety Culture.
Reduce Supplier safety issues.
Lives and promotes an Ethical Culture.
Ensure OTIF (On Time In Full)
Ensure Quality and Security of supply.
Ensure and collaborates in the application of TDC sourcing process.
Enabler of net structural savings.
Supports and promotes a culture of continuous improvement and collaboration.
Lives, identifies and promotes Ecolab’s Leadership Behaviour Model.
Core Activities –
•Manages day-to-day activities within designated supplier relationships for existing suppliers in theirassigned categories
•Supports service level and quality complaint resolution as required for existing supplier base
•Identifies, communicates, and supports process improvements for materials or services in assigned areas and with key stakeholders as required
•Uses TDC sourcing processes and tools to effectively supports assigned sub-categories
•Responsible for executing sourcing strategies and savings projects within assigned sub-categories
•Acts as second line of defense in expediting orders to ensure adherence to contracted delivery terms and investigates and resolves problems as required
•Identifies alternate suppliers and/or alternate materials/processes and drives approval process
•Responsibility for ensuring contracts within the category are updated, accurate, and uploaded in the required contract system
•Responsible for financial reporting of savings projects and headwinds
•Support Ecolab’s quality systems through engagement with suppliers to work toward successful corrective action resolution and continued quality
Experience / Education required
Internal and External Candidate
Bachelor's Degree and two years of experience.
Possible Future Career Paths
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.