Nalco Water, an Ecolab company, is looking for a Field Technician to join our industry leading Nalco Water team. If you are a passionate technical professional that enjoys interacting with customers and likes to work in an autonomous, hands-on environment, we invite you to apply. You will be joining a talented team that is responsible for overseeing all operation of the topcoat and e-coat phosphate operations at an automotive manufacturing site. In this position you will provide customers with problem solving support, generating a high level of customer satisfaction.
What’s in it For You:
- You will join a large growing company offering excellent benefits
- Opportunity for a long term, advanced career path
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
What You Will Do:
- Measure and monitor paint systems for inventory, functionality, and start up or shut down issues.
- Evaluate the color, appearance, and film build on production units within the plant.
- Chart data to control plan
- Check and log viscosity, pH balance, temperature, humidity, pressure, and weighted solids.
- Manipulate and distribute data to all necessary parties.
- Test data in all areas of e-coat and phosphate including, but not limited to alkalinity, temperature, header pressure, conductivity, titanium acid, fluoride concentration, fungus, bacteria, weighted solids or pigments, voltage, and amperage.
- Monitor systems as it they react to conditions and call maintenance supervisor.
- Assist in loading and unloading bulk materials.
- Work closely with inventory and billing requirements
- Submit usage reports to plant.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to physically perform the essential duties of the position which include lifting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, balancing, walking, standing, talking and hearing
- Must be able to wear a respirator under certain conditions
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam
- Strong customer service skills; proven ability to interface positively and professionally with the customer
- Ability to analyze readings and put data in a spreadsheet in a logical manner
- Possess above-average verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to explain results of data gatherings
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite
About Nalco Water:
In a world with increasing water shortage and contamination challenges, Nalco Water, an Ecolab company, helps customers conserve more than 161 billion gallons of water each year. We work with customers across the world in the light industry (institutional, food & beverage, transportation and manufacturing), heavy industry (chemical, power and primary metals industries), paper and mining operations to reduce, reuse, and recycle their water while protecting their systems and equipment. Nalco Water provides the unique opportunity to work with a broad suite of technologies to deliver automated monitoring systems, data analysis and deep technical expertise to increase efficiency, sustainability and performance for our customers.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.