The Quality Manager at our Garland, TX facility is responsible for developing, establishing and maintaining the quality systems, programs, policies, processes, procedures and controls to ensure that the facility conforms to ISO standards, FDA regulations, customer requirements, and Ecolab standards.
What You Will Do:
- Implement, maintain, and comply with facility/corporate quality systems including ISO, FDA and GFSI standards.
- Interface with company management to establish and maintain company Quality Policy and facility goals.
- Lead/host external agency, customer and internal audits of the facility and related warehouses.
- Oversee site level quarterly Quality Steering Committee Meetings and Annual Management Review for facility compliance and assurance of policies and procedures as well as associated inputs and outputs of the meeting (site level metrics).
- Accountable for driving Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) efficiencies in the Quality Department and for Pillar leadership and/or participation
- Responsible for managing and developing direct reports
- Responsible for creating/reviewing/approving all plant Quality purchases/ expenses.
- Address quality, service and cost issues at site level to assure customer satisfaction and compliance to regulations.
- Oversee site level management of quality system elements for: Incoming Inspection, In-Process (WIP) Inspection, Finished Goods release for distribution, CAPA System, Feedback / Customer Complaints, Internal Audit Program, Control of Non-Conforming Materials/Products and Quarantine Inventory, and Calibration Program.
- Responsible for developing/revising applicable standard operating procedures and work instructions specific to responsibilities within the Quality department as needed.
- Responsible for compliance with regulatory and ISO training requirements.
- Provide input into department budget, hiring and annual budgeting processes
- Oversee any investigations into process deviations and determine appropriate disposition as needed and assure compliance with quality system requirements.
- Oversee the functioning of the Quality Lab and ensure it meets the Ecolab and applicable standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, including engineering, biology, microbiology, or chemistry
- 7+ years quality experience in manufacturing or RDE (research, development and engineering); minimum 5 years supervisory experience
- Experience with Food Quality Standards including GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative) certification
- No immigration sponsorship available for this role
- Advanced degree in a technical field, including engineering, biology, microbiology, or chemistry
- 10+ years quality experience in manufacturing or RDE (research, development and engineering); minimum 5 years supervisory experience.
- SQF (Safe Quality Foods) Practitioner or equivalent.
- Experience in a continuous improvement environment (Lean, Six Sigma, TPM, and/or 5S experience – certification preferred).
- Knowledge of manufacturing of regulated products
- Knowledge of statistics and statistical process control
- Knowledge of financial measurements
- Project management experience
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Certified Quality Auditor Certification (ASQ CQA)
- Certified Manager of Quality Certification (ASQ CQM/OE)
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.