Nalco Champion, an Ecolab company, provides safe, sustainable chemistry programs and services to the upstream and midstream oil and gas industry, refineries and petrochemical operations. Through onsite problem solving and the application of innovative technologies, we maximize production, optimize water use and overcome complex challenges in the world’s toughest energy frontiers.
Territory / Location Information:
Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a Warehouse Specialist in our Energy Services – Logistics group located in Odessa, TX. If you are a dedicated warehouse operator with a proven track record of success in logistics we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering a competitive base hourly rate and benefits.
What’s in it For You:
- Enjoy a paid training program allowing you to learn from successful professionals
- A long-term career with opportunities for advancement
- Flexible, independent work environment
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment-medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do:
This position will primarily be responsible for loading/unloading products leaving from or arriving at warehouse locations.
- Report to and receive instructions from the Warehouse Supervisor
- Operate necessary equipment such as pumps, mules, forklifts, loading platforms
- Responsible for making proper hookups from storage tanks to trucks and insuring the correct chemical is loaded
- Keep safety areas clear and maintain good housekeeping
- Load/unload trucks containing drums, bulk totes, and other packaged products
- Responsible for the sampling of chemicals and related paperwork
- Perform daily inspection on all equipment used
- Maintain and monitor in-house mixed chemical bulk totes
- Pick and stage orders for all upcoming shipments
- Minimum high school graduate or GED
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this position
- Must have an acceptable motor vehicle record (3 years)
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role
- 3 years of experience working in a similar chemical environment
- Experience with handling products in various types of packages including bulk, drums, bulk totes and mini/micro-feed units
- Experience performing warehouse duties, which include preventative maintenance duties, inventory and ordering of chemicals, receiving incoming shipments, organizing warehouse for safe and efficient chemical storage, operation of customized chemical manufacturing equipment and the upkeep of warehouse grounds
- Knowledge of pumps, valves, hand tools, and welding equipment
- Awareness of chemical safety and the measures to take in the event of skin contact or spill
- Proficiency with basic Math
- Basic knowledge of personal computers and Windows software
- Experience with SAP
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.