Corporate Account Manager – Institutional
The Corporate Accounts Manager (“CAM”) plays an integral role in Ecolab Institutional division’s strategy to grow our business, predominantly in the Food Service, Lodging, Long-term Care and Facility Care segments. The CAM is responsible for leading and collaborating with assigned customers to merchandise and deliver the value of Ecolab’s comprehensive model linking technology and service expertise with training and information.
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
Ecolab is seeking a CAM to join its industry leading Institutional Division. In this position you will be responsible for prospecting new customers and interfacing with existing customers to ensure an on-going partnership is developed and continuously strengthened while maximizing Ecolab’s overall offerings for our customers’ benefits. The CAM, in many cases, serves as final “service guarantee” for Ecolab’s customers.
What’s in it for you:
- You will receive a company vehicle for business and personal use.
- Opportunity for a long term, advanced career path in sales.
- Flexible, independent work environment where you will manage a monthly schedule
- Grow your income as you drive growth
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety and training
- Comprehensive benefit package from day one of employment.
- Execute personal development plan, aligned with immediate manager
What you will do
- Live and promote Ecolab’s culture and values internally and vis-à-vis customers, act with integrity and create a positive and inclusive working culture for all associates
- Personally sell Ecolab value proposition of industry-leading programs, technology, information and customer service; focus on selling new innovation programs
- Meet/ exceed annualized net new business sales objectives; actively support Institutional’ s Retain, Grow, Gain portfolio strategy
- Lead customer negotiations and reviews, including contractual terms and conditions, KPI’s, pricing and product mix management, and contract renewals; effectively coordinate product application and on-site trials to penetrate new/ existing accounts
- Build and leverage effective business relationships to create value for self, colleagues and customers: develop customer specific strategies and strong relationships with customers to get deep, high and wide into their organization; develop strong peer networks across field sales, distribution and business support organizations
- Meet key business planning and reporting requirements including viable sales pipeline in various stages of the sale, quarterly/ annual sales plan and activity recaps, progress on account penetration, new business reporting and monthly progress report
- Manage travel expenses against budget
- Stay informed with regard to industry changes and trends, communicate current market information such as application of products in various markets, suggested marketing programs, etc. to management on a regular basis
- Share best practices for sales skills and behaviours with team members in corporate accounts, field sales and distribution teams
- Act as Ecolab brand ambassador, focused on cleaning and safety, water, sustainability, efficiency and innovation
- Candidate must reside in around the Midlands
- Competitive compensation package offered
- To be recognized as an Ecolab role model by peers and management, within division as well as market
- Deliver against business sales, innovation and pricing targets: grow sales
- Successfully renew all major contracts and coordinate value merchandising at customer headquarter locations with key decision makers
- Demonstrate leadership skills across Corporate Account organization as well as field sales/ distribution and wider market; establish collaborative relationships internally and externally (customers, prospects, trade organizations) to strengthen productivity, the Ecolab brand and sustainable business success
- Display strong personal accountability, professionalism and customer/ product expertise at every customer touch point; successfully conduct quarterly or annual business reviews at a corporate or regional level for each customer
- Foster innovation and continuous improvement practices: generate positive impact on business growth through acquiring new business and supporting new program/ product launches
- Achieve highest standard of customer satisfaction; resolve issues/ inquiries effectively and efficiently, ensure appropriate follow-up
- Demonstrate knowledge of Ecolab’s portfolio of products/ programs and their applications. Possess the ability to instruct customers on use of products, services and equipment; comply with Ecolab sales procedures and protocols
- Be a talent scout and coach for the field sales and distribution colleagues
- Provide data and information to management accurately and timely
- Customer portfolio of US$3 to 6+M, depending on complexity and scope of assigned geography
- Single contributor role with upward promotability to significant field sales, corporate account or distribution management leadership role
- Report to Corporate Account Director within geographic market
Education, Experience Required
- Min. 5 years of experience in a business-to-business field sales environment, ideally previous experience as Ecolab District Manager or similar direct sales and service management role in comparable business-to-business industry
- University degree in business-related subject preferred
- Superior end-to-end sales skills with a proven track record of success in sales management; experience of retaining and developing corporate accounts across multiple channels
- Strong customer service skills and integrity with extraordinary ability to develop relationships with senior customer decision makers within chain accounts
- Demonstrated leadership abilities; excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong entrepreneurial skills; ability to work independently and set own schedule as well as ability to work and partner with diverse and multi-cultural associates
- Proven initiative to improve, innovative and create value
- Aspiration for personal and professional development
- Sound commercial business understanding, incl. financial acumen, analytical ability
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to understand what the customer needs
- Good organization and planning skills with a high attention to detail
- Ability to use technology and analysis tools (Customer relationship management software, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking work environment
- Willingness to travel extensively within the specified geography, occasionally outside
About Ecolab Institutional
Discover how our partnership with customers helps serve 45 billion restaurant meals and cleans more than one billion hotel rooms. From restaurants, hotels and long-term care facilities, to schools, commercial buildings and military facilities, Ecolab’s Institutional division provides a comprehensive program of customerised cleaning and sanitizing solutions to help meet the specific needs of our customers. Join us and help the biggest and best brands ensure guest safety and satisfaction and protect their reputation.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.