Ecolab is seeking an Associate Credit Representative who will be responsible for an assigned portfolio of accounts. In this role you will be accountable for managing all aspects of a portfolio which include collection activities necessary to reduce AR aging, DSO and mitigate risk for the company. This requires good written and verbal communication skills and applicable accounting, reconciliation, analytical and collection skills necessary to achieve the company and department objectives.
What’s in it For You:
- The opportunity to take on some of the world’s most meaningful challenges, helping customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a company that is passionate about growth
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best
What You Will Do:
- Adheres to company and department policies and procedures.
- Achieves individual objectives related to aged receivables, DSO, account management and SLA’s by utilizing good time management skills.
- Responds to incoming communications including e-mails, inbound calls from customers and field associates, and direct mail.
- Required to utilize collection strategies to initiate collection effort for managed cross-divisional customers via phone and e-mail.
- May be required to utilize knowledge of Credit systems to identify and resolve complex customer accounts issues (disputes, unapplied cash, reconciliation, refunds, etc.)
- Handles escalated issues from internal/external customers
- Effectively engages Sales Team on critical business decisions related to account management, orders, collection and placement.
- Uses critical decision making skills to insure orders are approved or held to insure corporate relationships are Researches disputes and invoice issues. Support dispute identification and resolution process.
- Provides customers with aging and supporting documents to maximize collections.
- Work with Credit risk management to minimize risk and support special handling on high risk accounts. Document understanding of customer specific processes (Payment process, approval structure, Acct History, Portal restrictions and risk profile).
- Bachelor’s degree or currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field
- Four years previous experience in credit, finance/accounting or related field may be substituted in part
- No Immigration Sponsorship available for this opportunity
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or business-related field
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite software (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Previous analytical experience with aptitude for research, analysis, and problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills with all levels within the organization, both oral and written
- SAP experience
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.