What if you could grow your career while making the world a cleaner, safer and healthier place? Help prevent the spread of infection? And touch what is fundamental to saving lives? As respected leader in healthcare, we foster collaboration to create innovative solutions that improve health outcomes and keep patients safe. We are a global leader making an impact and delighting our customers in more than 170 countries, in a workplace where our voices matter, our contributions are rewarded and our employees are inspired.
Join Ecolab’s industry leading Healthcare team as a Field Service Technician to provide installation and preventative maintenance for assigned route schedules in the Pacific Northwest region. You will work with a comprehensive line of products including instrument care & surface disinfectants, surgical scrubs, antibacterial hand rinses & more. Only Ecolab has a portfolio of solutions to serve the broad needs of the healthcare industry & unique needs of customers. With Ecolab you can make your service and customer relationship expertise work for you. Make an impact. Build the healthcare career you’ve always wanted. Join our team and experience more.
- Candidate must reside within 50 miles of Vancouver, WA or Portland, OR
- Coverage area: Northern California, Oregon, Washington, and part of Idaho
- Install and perform preventative maintenance on Healthcare dispensing systems including instrument care, skin care and disinfectant dispensers
- Perform electrical, mechanical, and plumbing repairs providing customers with technical service and support
- Provide accurate and timely reporting including monthly expense reports, progress reports, daily service call reports, weekly tracking and route completion reports
- Maintain detailed records of service visits, including technical problems encountered and parts employed to correct those problems
- Prioritize workload with manager to execute an efficient and cost-effective preventative maintenance route schedule to meet commitments
- Execute individual installation projects and medical equipment installations
- Identify and solve customer problems through effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Respond to emergency service calls as directed by manager to assist customers in crisis which may occur nights, weekends or holidays
- Maintain sound working relationships and liaison with customer’s personnel to maintain the image of the Company and its products.
- Provide customer with usage and product training as needed.
- Ability to be flexible on occasion to assist in other locations based on business need
- High school degree or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years work or military experience
- Previous field service experience required
- Valid driver’s license and an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (2 years)
- No immigration sponsorship available for this role
- Electrical or Mechanical related Associates Degree preferred
- Technical aptitude in plumbing, electrical, mechanical, programmable logic controllers
- Excellent organizational/time management skills
- Computer proficiency in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to read schematic drawings
- Understanding of local and national plumbing and electrical codes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with self-motivation & drive for results
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.