The Principal Engineer applies engineering skills to solve complex problems, using knowledge of Ecolab’s customers and markets. He or she schedules and helps to coordinate innovative, complex projects to meet cost and time objectives, complying with design criteria and standards.
What’s in it For You:
- Thrive in a company that values a culture of safety to include top-notch safety training and personal protection equipment
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do:
- Train and motivate a highly competent, flexible, and efficient work force to meet plant needs in a safe manner, strongly promoting employee involvement.
- Provide maintenance support for maintaining customer levels.
- Assure that housekeeping and safety standards are maintained in accordance with company standards.
- Control wastewater flow to comply with the “closed drains” operational philosophy.
- Oversee all electrical, mechanical and facility maintenance and preventative maintenance, including grounds and building.
- Manage plant maintenance work order program.
- Maintain labor and outside charges within budget.
- Manage and control the plant capital expenditures budget.
- Oversee facility preventative maintenance program.
- Review purchase orders submitted for grounds, utilities, building supplies, and other related areas.
- Coordinate with corporate engineering in establishing and installing capital budget programs.
- Interact with outside officials to maintain plant regulatory compliance.
- Participate on the plant environmental/compliance team.
- Support Plant OSHA compliance via membership on the Central Safety Committee, performing required safety audits, documentation of required planned inspections and quick follow-up and response to safety observations that are submitted to maintenance.
- Participate in community events.
- Submit and implement TQIP’s to reduce plant costs.
- Perform production supervisor responsibilities to substitute for Production Supervisors in their absence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5 years’ directly related engineering experience
- 1 year experience with TPM
- No immigration sponsorship available for this position
- Advanced degree in an engineering discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management tools and techniques on cross functional teams.
- Ability to guide and train lower level engineers.
- Demonstrated competence in the management of one or more engineering project concurrently, with emphasis on in-depth technical contribution.
- Current with technology in his/her discipline.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.