The Accounting Manager I position is a member of the Public Financial Reporting Group. The position reports to the Director, Public Financial Reporting. The Manager Accounting I has preparation and review responsibilities over the company’s public financial reporting process. This includes assuring financial results are accurately reported to the financial community and corporate financial management, promoting an understanding of financial results including responding to inquiries on a timely basis and assuring the company complies with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies and other mandated accounting regulations. This position has one direct report.
What You Will Do:
- Preparation of monthly cash flow statement and corresponding supporting documentation
- Ownership over the Global Reporting Package, including updates, for entity level information needed for financial reporting
- Assist with SEC reporting including preparation and review of financial statements and footnotes for the quarterly 10-Q and annual report and detailed review of XBRL filings
- Support quarterly earnings release and Audit Committee meeting process (balance sheet analysis)
- Month end close journal entries and corporate account reconciliations as assigned
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Supervise the Senior position, including review of monthly environmental, debt and corporate account journal entries and reconciliations.
- Review of annual Foundation financial statements
- Completion of annual performance reviews of direct report
- The position works directly with the company’s external auditors, consolidations team, investor relations, and treasury.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience
- Previous supervisory experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- CPA and/or Masters of Accountancy
- Minimum 3-4 years of recent Public Accounting experience
- Must have strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to work independently
- SEC reporting experience (10-Q, 10-K, Proxy, etc.)
- Good accounting and financial aptitude
- Must be detail oriented
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management consolidation software and Excel retrieve
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.