As a Regional Sales Distributor Manager you will ensure a successful partnership with distributors and increasing Ecolab street sales within an assigned geographical area. The Regional Sales Distributor Manager is accountable for recruiting, leading and developing a team of ten to twelve associates to achieve sales growth objectives within the region.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Recruit, train, develop, and lead a team of associates to achieve business objectives and sales growth objectives with and through the broader Ecolab sales teams
- Ensure team achieves sales and service goals and objectives by meeting key performance metrics and following established processes and protocols
- Drive street label to penetrate the independent market
- Achieve sales objectives by sustaining growth of the existing Sysco distribution base. Evaluate existing Sysco distribution relationships for retention and growth potential. Fills a key strategic role by creating defensive partnerships and driving incremental sales through Sysco distribution channel.
- Penetrate Sysco OP Co’s with full Ecolab product offering. Help Sysco OP Co’s increase their own customers’ market share.
- Work closely with marketing and finance team to execute strategy and tactics
- Champion the safety culture within the team to promote safe work practices everyday
- 8-10 years of Ecolab or sales experience
- Strong leadership and coaching abilities.
- Valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Ability to travel on a regular basis including overnights (up to 75%)
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred
- Previous management or team leadership experience
- Ability to train associates to sell value added products to existing and new customers
- Foodservice, Hospitality, Education, or Healthcare Industry related experience
- Distributor Related Experience
- Ability to do the following physical movements on an occasional basis: climbing, twisting, bending, and squatting
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Employees may be required to assume other related duties as assigned.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.