Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a Trade Compliance Manager for the Eastern Hemisphere Region (EU, MEA, AP) to join our Global Trade Compliance team.
The Manager in Trade Compliance is responsible for overseeing and managing compliance programs and activities for Nalco Champion’s global business. The manager’s focus will be on a primary region but with connections to the global network. The manager’s focus will be on import / export trade and /or free trade agreement oversight activities.
The objective of this role is to lead various Trade Compliance projects related to process and strategy development, and act as a recognized trade expert within the organization. This objective is aligned with Nalco Champion’s Global Regulatory Affairs mission of supporting business growth and reducing risk of compliance gaps. This position’s sole focus is trade compliance activities that manage Nalco Champion’s risk and ensure compliance with Eastern Hemisphere (EU, MEA, AP) foreign trade regulations.
The position will involve cross functional communication as well as providing input on Global Trade goals/initiatives. Additionally, the position will act as a supervisor for employees (direct and indirect reports) and help train and prioritize staff workload.
You will be based at the Nalco Champion regional office and regularly perform site visits to the EH regional offices and operation locations within the Eastern Hemisphere region.
What’s in it For You:
- Access to best in class resources, tools and technology;
- The ability to make an impact and shape your career with a Company that is passionate about growth;
- The support of an organization that believes it is vital to include and engage diverse people, perspectives and ideas to achieve our best;
- Comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
What You Will Do:
- Serve as global trade compliance leader and provides subject matter expertise/guidance for imports/exports and/or free trade agreements within the Eastern Hemisphere (EU, MEA, AP) region
- Manage regional/global projects related to trade initiatives
- Supervise a team of global trade professionals
- Support and provide input toward Global Trade Compliance strategies
- Work in tandem with government relations individuals and/or in collaboration with different working groups to influence legislation
- Self-sufficient and competent in providing technical expertise for classifications, royalty payments, and tax related initiatives
- Conduct global audit assessments and/or oversee any Trade related tasks from internal audit
- Provide input towards and deliver various training modules related to trade compliance activities and coordinate the training roll-out
- Present on trade related updates to Regulatory and non-Regulatory groups
- Provide inputs, suggestions, and ideas for GTC Manual / Compliance Program
- Identify and communicate process efficiency and/or cost savings improvements
- Work in tandem to support and maintain Global Trade policies
- Review compliance with record keeping per policy
- Provide data for EU Customs inquiries and responding to information requested
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or other relatable Science Subject (desirable)
- 7-10 years professional experience in the Regulatory Affairs area of Trade Compliance, product compliance, customs product market access requirements & knowledge of international logistics for chemical products (i.e. biocides, OFC energy and /or equipment)
- Familiar/Experienced with product trade compliance regulations, requirements, standards, classifications governing import/export, cross border sales in Eastern Hemisphere (EU, MEA, AP)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, additional language (s) are a plus
- Good project management & problem-solving skills
- Collaborative and able to develop relationships across multiple functions, divisions & cultures
- Must possess a high level of autonomy and be able to succeed with very little supervision from Global Trade Compliance Sr. Manager located in US
- Demonstrate time/self-management ability – managing people, complete required tasks, deadlines, and changing priorities in a team environment
- Knowledge and experience with regulatory trade compliance regulations, EU customs tariff code classifications, Incoterms, Free Trade Agreements, Import and Export compliance programs and analytical ability to interpret and practical application of EU regulations
- Familiarity with imp/exp, intra EU cross border product trade regulations and its registrations e.g.: EU PIC, Drug precursor, Dual Use Goods, Excise Goods, REACH, CLP, DG.
- Paralegal, Audit or Customs broker training with chemical background
- Experience with automation or process improvement projects and gap analysis assessments.
- International logistics background a plus
- SAP enterprise software knowledge a plus
Required Leadership Competencies: Ensures Accountability, Action-Oriented, Manages Complexity, Directs Work, Global Perspective, Drives Results
About Nalco Champion, An Ecolab Company:
Ecolab’s Energy Services business, Nalco Champion, provides specialty chemistry programs and related services for upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas operations looking to maximize production, protect assets and reduce operating costs and environmental impact. Through on-site problem solving and innovative technologies, our team provides solutions that help energy customers overcome complex challenges in the world’s toughest energy frontiers.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.