Ecolab, the leading global developer of premium cleaning, sanitizing and maintenance products and services for the hospitality, institutional and industrial markets is seeking a Planning Specialist ! This role is responsible for the follow of materials in and out of the plant to maintain proper inventory levels and 95% or higher on-time shipment service level to customers and warehouses.
What’s in it For You:
- Opportunity for a long-term career path
- Access to best in class resources, tools, and technology
- Thrive in a company that values sustainability, drives a safety-focused culture and has been recognized as one of the most ethical companies in the world
- Comprehensive benefits package starting day 1 of employment- medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, company-paid pension, stock purchase plan, tuition reimbursement and more!
What You Will Do:
- Maintains inventories on raw materials, relabel items, finished goods, intermediates, and containers to insure the accurate and timely support of the production plan and customer requirements.
- Ensures the timely scheduling of products and raw materials to customers, other plants, and warehouses using the most efficient and cost-effective methods.
- Utilizes current materials management methodologies and parameters to calculate replenishment requirements in support of inventory investment targets within the distribution requirements systems
- Work cooperatively with associates responsible for material master data, including price changes, creation and maintenance of material master records, and returns to manufacturers/vendors.
- Generates and maintains a master production and packaging schedule for the plant.
- Measures production performance to plan and resolves scheduling conflicts.
- Ensures conformance to production schedule.
- Work with Material Planner to identify/resolve supplier non-conformances on raw material and relabel receipts.
- Plans and coordinates raw material orders and receipts.
- Develops and maintains open order report.
- Analyzes, modifies and maintains product line forecasts to assure accuracy in coordination with the corporate operations planning group
- Resolves all problems related to customer orders to their satisfactory conclusion as related to the planning process.
- Coordinating with Planner to reconcile jobs and materials.
- Providing formal and informal reporting on plant inventory and manufacturing plan execution.
- Filing of PRs, receipts, and blankets
- Maintenance of all blanket orders and paperwork
- Handle expedited requests for next-day and drop-shipments with assigned vendors.
- May direct the efforts or members of the materials management department to complete various assignments, including training newer personal on use of the Production Planning systems.
- May perform other department duties as required.
- Plant location: McDonough, GA
- Pay: $19.75/hour
- Work Week: 1st Shift (Monday – Friday, 6:00am – 2:00pm)
- High school degree or equivalent
- Three years’ experience in an administrative role
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Professional demeanor; comfortable working with vendors and internal customers
- Strong mainframe and PC computer skills in Excel, Word, and Access
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple priorities
- Good numerical skills
- No immigration sponsorship provided
- Must be able to pass a drug screen and physical exam
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Prior experience working in a Supply Chain support role (Purchasing, Planning or Logistics) with knowledge of purchasing
- Exceptional computer skills in Excel, Word, and Access
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.