We are seeking highly motivated applicants to join Ecolab’s Territory Sales Internship program for the Institutional division. The Institutional division is the core and largest business within Ecolab, addressing our customers’ cleaning and sanitation needs in the foodservice and hospitality industries, as well as laundry, long-term care, education, corporate and government facilities. From prospecting new accounts to supporting existing customers, you will troubleshoot product and equipment issues to help customers grow their business by keeping their environments clean and safe.
As an intern, you will participate in a 10-week field internship during the summer, in an assigned location, where you solve real customer problems and experience what a full-time career is like. You will learn how to successfully prospect leads and generate new business, while providing excellent customer service. You will help customers troubleshoot the dish machines, dispensing systems, and laundry equipment where our chemicals and cleaning solutions are used.
Nationwide metro-market opportunities available: Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Baton Rouge, Charlotte, Chicago, Columbus, Dallas, DC, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York City, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Sacramento, Saint Louis, San Diego, Seattle, Phoenix, Portland, San Francisco.
- Work alongside a successful Territory Manager to learn customers’ operations, understand their cleaning challenges, and devise solutions to meet their needs
- Gain exposure to the entire hospitality industry including hotels, restaurants, hospitals, schools, and dining facilities through valuable hands-on experience
- Work with a wide customer base including large corporate chains as well as independent, single-unit organizations
- Learn how to successfully prospect to find new leads, set-up new accounts, and generate new business for the territory
- Receive training on how to provide excellent customer service by troubleshooting Ecolab dish machines, dispensing systems, and laundry equipment
- Work closely with the District Sales Manager to perfect your sales, presentation, and professional skills
- Work for 10 weeks as part of an intern class to share feedback, resources, and experiences
- Currently in pursuit of Bachelor’s Degree with anticipated graduation date of December 2020 or May/June 2021
- Must be able to lift and/or carry 50 pounds
- A valid driver’s license, acceptable Motor Vehicle Record, and access to a personal vehicle.
- No Immigration Sponsorship Available
- Access to a personal vehicle
- Experience within the foodservice and/or hospitality industry
- Previous sales and/or customer service experience
- Well-developed interpersonal and customer relations skills
- Organizational skills
- Strong mechanical reasoning ability and problem-solving skills
- Long-term interest in a career path within field sales
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.