Ecolab is seeking a Technical Business Analyst Intern on our Commercial Digital Solutions team to help achieve goals through projects that translate business needs into new products, services, and applications. The primary objective of a Technical Business Analyst Intern is helping businesses implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way by determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and partners. During your internship, you will be a key contributor in managing, leading, and innovating around several different software application environments.
It’s time your talents took off – join our early career program and challenge yourself to create innovative solutions for real-world problems!
Positions located in Naperville, IL and St. Paul, MN.
- Works with technical and business partners to elicit high-level requirements and capture business needs while driving satisfaction with various stakeholders
- Clearly articulates and documents business requirements
- Assesses the risks of various solutions and prioritizes competing business demands
- Coordinates project delivery by participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate systems designs and validate proposed solutions
- Engages in user testing, pilot testing, and project launches
- Monitors and tracks the success metrics around projects and platforms
- Obtains key inputs from architecture leads and identifies solution interdependencies
- Engages with the business and various users to incorporate usability and user interface needs when designing solutions
- Assists in leading high-level project plans and communicates status updates to stakeholders
- Leverages ideas, suggestions, and innovations in ways that make them translatable across all business units
- Proactively resolves customer satisfaction issues
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, IS, Business Analytics, Computer Science, or a related technical field
- Junior status with anticipated graduation date in Fall/Winter 2020 or Spring 2021.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Basic knowledge in generating process documentation
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States, now or any time in the future
- Ability to work with business, engineering and R&D teams to translate needs to Application Development teams.
- Experience in analyzing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualization techniques and tools
- Some technical writing skills
- Effective oral communication skills, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team while handling multiple tasks or projects.
With annual sales of $15 billion, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. Our 49,000 associates help make the world cleaner, safer and healthier by delivering critical insights and innovative solutions to help our customers achieve clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments at nearly three million customer locations in more than 170 countries.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.