Are you a take charge person looking for an opportunity with a stable, growing and global company committed to sustainability? Would you like to join a company recognized as among the 100 Most Ethical Companies in the World, not once but actually four years in a row? This opportunity will open the door to a great future with a Lean Six Sigma consumer chemical manufacturer in a leadership role.
As Logistics Team Leader at our Grapevine, TX distribution center, you must be a self-directed achiever and great leader. You will drive a second or third shift warehouse team of 10-13 people to improve safety, quality, & metrics. And, will lead warehouse process improvement projects (budget, personnel, equipment, capital projects, & inventory) & teams on warehouse & network design projects.
Ecolab is worldwide the leader in our industry. We value diversity and, at Ecolab, our employees are number one! We know that our employees are our most important asset — great employees got us where we are today after 80 years of success! You can expect to gain recognition by maintaining service levels. A top performer will have the opportunity to gain experience working across multiple functions. Be someone eager to assume responsibility for his/her own DC or Warehouse operation locally or nationally in the near future. In the next 3 to 5 years the successful applicant should be open to relocation for promotion & career growth.
- Executes Supply Chain strategy TQM plans. Communicates & reinforces Logistics plans. Maintains clear communication & close co-operation with Customer Service, Materials Planning, Manufacturing, & major suppliers/vendors. Works with Quality, Planning, Manufacturing, Carriers & Customers to proactively avoid & resolve quality & service issues relating to logistics.
- Coordinates operational redesign projects to improve performance & meet customer needs. Generates & implements innovations for logistical competitive advantage that improve performance. Implements Lean concepts & practices.
- Monitors fixed assets & coordinates implementation of approved CARs. Assists in developing site logistics budget with focus on continuously improving year over year performance against metrics.
- Supervises logistics activities (storage, shipping) including inventory control, warehousing, transportation, logistics planning, order processing & customer service. Communicates standard logistics metrics to direct reports. Resolves quality, service & cost issues. Supports oversight of DOH inventory levels.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous leadership and/or supervisory experience
- Previous related work experience in a manufacturing, supply chain or military environment
- No immigration sponsorship available for this position
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, Engineer or Transportation
- 1+ years supervisory experience in a manufacturing, supply chain or military environment.
- Some supervisory experience a high-SKU (500 – 1000 SKU) logistics network.
- Lean Six Sigma or 5S training / experience.
- Experience working with SAP
- Experience implementing and/working in a TPM environment
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
At Ecolab, we believe the best teams are diverse and inclusive, and we are on a journey to create a workplace where every associate can grow and achieve their best. We are committed to fair and equal treatment of associates and applicants. We recruit, hire, promote, transfer and provide opportunities for advancement on the basis of individual qualifications and job performance. In all matters affecting employment, compensation, benefits, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement, we will not discriminate against any associate or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expressions, genetic information, marital status, age, disability, or status as a covered veteran.
In addition, we are committed to furthering the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) through Affirmative Action (AA). Our goal is to fully utilize minority, female, disabled and covered veteran individuals at all levels of the workforce. Ecolab is a place where you can grow your career, own your future and impact what matters.