Ecolab Job Application System Upgrade Notice:
Starting December 12, 2017, Ecolab’s job application system will be upgraded to deliver a significantly improved experience for our valued job seekers. For returning job seekers, this means you will create a new Candidate Account profile in our job application system, powered by Workday, at the time of applying to a specific job. We thank you for your continued interest in joining Ecolab! If you do not find a current opening that fits your criteria, we encourage you to join our Talent Network to receive timely job alerts and the latest Ecolab news. For more information, please visit our How to Apply page.
Regional SH&E Manager – Downstream APGC
Category: Safety, Health, & Environment
Work Location: Singapore,
Posted Date: April 16, 2018
- Manage all regional SH&E assets including staff, budget, and internal assurance systems to ensure that overall objectives have the resources to be effectively executed as planned.
- Partner with regional management in the planning, development, and implementation of SH&E strategies, initiatives and programs in alignment with business goals.
- Lead in the design, development and review process of the regional SH&E policies, standards, procedures, forms, and best industry practices to align with Nalco Champion Global Integrated Management System.
- Actively promote and communicate SH&E through regular internal meetings, training courses and cooperation with regulatory, community and customer groups.
- Ensure that all regulatory and management system audits are scheduled and completed in the set time frame.
- Provide resources to ensure customer pre-qualifications, bids, tenders and questionnaires regarding SH&E performance, policies and programs are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that SH&E incidents and significant near misses are communicated appropriately and investigated with corrective actions monitored and tracked to closure.
- Provide support to SH&E Council / Steering committee meetings and to the Safety Champion Network.
- Liaise with regulatory, company, and customer sources to identify, document, and facilitate compliance with various legal, business and customer requirements.
- Ensure SH&E metrics and performance measurements are communicated and made available to management, employees, and customers.
- Coordinate SH&E programs, activities and best practices across regional business units to create harmonization and common methodologies.
Interpersonal and Professional Skills
- Self-motivated – Will be receiving requests from multiple sources and will need to act on those requests with little supervision.
- People Management- Includes professional/technical development, coaching, performance management and providing career opportunities to team.
- Solid communication skills and initiative- Persuasive, written and oral in order to express thoughts clearly and to impact actions of others as needed. Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Project management – Ability to manage multiple priorities/projects to meet planned timelines. This can be from multiple requests for small to medium size tasks and will need to be able to organize and prioritize those requests.
- Building collaborative relationships – Ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance and support
- Results-oriented – Ability to focus on the desired results, setting challenging goals, focusing efforts on goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- Bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering or other technical specialty related to safety, health and environmental practice.
- More than 10 years relevant work experience.
- Minimum two years in supervisory responsibility
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), NEBOSH Diploma in IOSH or equivalent.
- Experience in managing teams located in various geographies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with Directors and VPs