Join Ecolab as our Safety, Health & Environmental Manager at our Garland, TX Facility. The individual in this role will be responsible for monitoring compliance with EHS regulations; overseeing operation’s preparation for, and response to EHS compliance audits; working with plant and corporate staff on the design, development, coaching, training, and administration of EHS systems; assisting plant management to implement and maintain company policies adhering to local, state, and federal environmental, health, and safety (EHS) regulations; and management of specific regulatory compliance projects resulting in systems and processes that remediate known areas of concern; reduce waste generation, increase recycling, and improve treatment systems.
Nothing is more important than safety; we strive to achieve 100% engagement, 100% of the time for zero accidents and zero loss. Your success in this role will allow you to gain more influential roles with Ecolab, an established global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services, which promote clean water, safe food, abundant energy and healthy environments.
- Achieve TQM and key performance indicators (KPI) as defined for EHS/Technical. Provide guidance and technical expertise to site management to ensure compliance with environmental, health, and safety regulations.
- Coordinate the Environmental Health and Safety system throughout the Garland Plant to ensure training is timely and effective, incident investigations are timely and complete, audits are regularly scheduled and observations are resolved.
- Develop standard operating procedures for facility compliance with the major regulatory programs that impact Supply Chain operations facilities, including NPRI, RCRA, Clean Water Act (wastewater, SWPPP, SPCC), and OSHA (Hazcomm, injury logs, PPE, lock out/tag out, etc.) and safety contingency plans.
- Develop and implement systems and processes to reduce hazardous waste generation and increase recycling and conservation practices.
- Evaluate systems and implement projects to meet or maintain the increasingly stringent requirements of the waste water and air quality permits at all sites.
- Disseminate information regarding new regulations or EHS events of a general nature to such as descriptions of incidents that may occur at the plant.
- Develop, track, and communicate EHS indicators such as safety indexes, results of government regulatory inspections, and compliance cost indexes.
- Represent the Garland Plant in EHS audit reviews conducted by third parties.
- Track the plant’s response to observations and the status of resolution.
- Communicate trends in audit findings, corrective actions, and observed best practices.
- Be an active member of the Central Safety Committee, and other multi-division EHS efforts.
- Assist with due diligence involving real estate acquisitions and divestitures.
Location Information: This will role will be located at our plant located in Garland, TX. The Garland Plant is Ecolab’s second largest chemical manufacturing facility in North America and strives to set the standard for Ecolab blend plants in safety, quality, service, reliability, and cost.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline
- 3+ years’ safety experience in an EHS, Operations or Engineering role
- 2+ years of work experience in a manufacturing facility with EHS, engineering and/or supervisory responsibilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Environmental Engineering
- Advanced technical degree or MBA
- Experience in other areas such as RDE or Production Management
- 3+ TPM Safety Pillar experience in a World Class manufacturing environment; experience in a liquid blend environment particularly desired.
- 3+ years of experience in cross-functional project or program management
- 3+ years of experience leading process improvement projects for special chemical processes
- Some experience with hazardous materials (e.g. ethanol used in hand sanitizers) and process safety management.
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2016 sales of $13 billion and 48,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. For more Ecolab news and information, visit www.ecolab.com
Follow us on Twitter @ecolab, Facebook facebook.com/ecolab, or LinkedIn linkedin.com/company/ecolab.