Application Engineer – WPS
Work Location: Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
Posted Date: September 27, 2017
Ecolab is looking for an Application Engineer for our Water & Process Services Division. The Application Engineer will primarily be responsible for providing contractual services and assist customers with problem solving support regarding their products/applications/solutions.
This position is based in
- Provide routine service support to Sales Representatives in strategic district accounts to execute agreed upon customer system assurance and continuous improvement plans.
- Assist Sales Representatives with plant surveys of prospective customers
- Assist Sales Representatives with start-ups of new applications in both existing customers and in new accounts.
- Develop strong relationships with the key stakeholders in the strategic district accounts where you provide service support to other District Sales Representatives.
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer pain points, escalating as required.
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
- Support services include: Sample testing, light maintenance, customer service, service report generation, chemical ordering, chemical inventory management, general labor activities.
- Actively support Nalco Champion innovations and technology in the strategic district accounts where you provide service support to other District Sales Representatives.
- Possible travel within assigned sales territory
- Responsible for coordination and technical troubleshooting of the Individual Frac Fleet stimulation job
- Technical Degree or High School Diploma with industry experience
- <25%> overnight travel required to support sales territory
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- Able to comfortably lift/carry 55 pounds
- Bachelor’s Degree, Chemical Engineering Preferred (Adomite: Chemical related background strongly preferred, process technology training a plus) Downstream: – Technical/Science/Engineering
- <2+> years of successful technical service or field sales support experience
- Experience working with MS Excel Spreadsheets
- Must have a strong mechanical aptitude
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience
- Working knowledge of boilers, cooling towers, and wastewater treatment systems.
- Practical computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems)
- History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation
- Prior experience that required excellent communication skills
- Prior experience that required excellent organizational skills
- Prior experience that demonstrates a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
Engineering, Service and technical, Service Engineer, Service and Chemicals, Service jobs, Field Service, Service Engineering jobsA trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2016 sales of $13 billion and 48,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. For more Ecolab news and information, visit www.ecolab.com