Principle Engineer RD&E
The Principle Engineer RD&E will primarily be responsible for developing, testing, adapting and applying new water treatment and water management technologies, together with digital and automation solutions in the laboratory and with customers in industry. The Principle Engineer RD&E will develop a broad range of industrial water treatment solutions, solutions for data connectivity, data analysis, modelling and sensors.
The Principle Engineer RD&E will work as part of a global team, collaborating closely with researchers worldwide as well as marketing staff, sales team and customers. The position is within the Research & Development team which is supporting the business of Nalco Water in Europe, Middle East and Africa located in Leiden, The Netherlands.
Experience of the ideal candidate:
- Equivalent to MSc level with 5+ years of experience, with an education in chemistry, or chemical, mechanical or electrical engineering or related fields
- Extensive and hands-on experience with development, testing and evaluation of new water treatment technologies in both laboratory and industrial settings
- Experience and understanding of industrial water treatment, in particular cooling water and waste water treatment is a benefit
- Proven and hands-on experience with data acquisition and data analysis, remote monitoring of complex systems, wireless connectivity (Wi-Fi, Zigbee, LoRa, etc.)
- Rapid prototyping, sensors, process control, modeling and automation
- Strong problem solving skills, strong analytical skills and attention to detail, ‘Can do’ mindset
- Organized, effective team worker and project management skills
- Ability to work under pressure in multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to set priorities.
- Working with international, cross-functional teams (marketing and sales) based on different geographies
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel throughout Europe and MEA up to 30% of time during certain phases of projects.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken) is required; fluency in at least one other European language is preferred (German, Spanish, Italian, French).
- The applicant must be a European Citizen or must be in possession of a valid work permit for The Netherlands
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services that protect people and vital resources. With 2016 sales of $13 billion and 48,000 associates, Ecolab delivers comprehensive solutions and on-site service to promote safe food, maintain clean environments, optimize water and energy use and improve operational efficiencies for customers in the food, healthcare, energy, hospitality and industrial markets in more than 170 countries around the world. For more Ecolab news and information, visit www.ecolab.com
Follow us on Twitter @ecolab, Facebook facebook.com/ecolab, or LinkedIn linkedin.com/company/ecolab.