Production Team Leader
Category: Supply Chain
Work Location: Garland, TX
Posted Date: August 4, 2017
Demonstrate your ability to form a winning team – enjoy the pride your team has in their accomplishments. Enjoy the influence you will have with management that is willing to hear you out and adopt changes that your team suggests – the future of the plant is in always going to the next level, never status quo. Gain recognition for leadership as you mentor inexperienced group leads, manage projects and drive results in more complex manufacturing areas. Take pride in the products that you make, knowing that you are making the world a cleaner, safer place for you, your family, your community and the country. Expect support in your development and the opportunity to prepare for a management-level role.
Location Information: This position is located at our Garland, TX facility. The Garland site is a union plant and one of the larger plants in NA chemical manufacturing facility in North America, producing product to service an eight state region.
Working Hours: This is a third shift position and is responsible for managing a team that is working between the hours of 9:30PM and 5:30AM.
- As our Production Team Leader there is never a dull moment – you will face new production challenges every day on the manufacturing floor, leading a team of mixers, operators and materials handlers. You’ll be making strategic decisions on the fly, which will determine whether you meet production goals by the end of the shift and how you will do so without compromising the safety of your employees or the quality the customers expect.
- Rely on operator wisdom and experience to guide you in finding solutions to immediate problems and long term changes to enhance safety, quality and productivity. Work with the TPM Manager and a cross functional team to achieve cultural transformation.
- Mentor others early in their manufacturing career, helping them understand team dynamics in manufacturing and how to lead seasoned employees effectively, to ensure that your shift exceeds metric targets.
- Implement TPM and Autonomous Maintenance across your hourly team, partnering with your operations team and Garland’s TPM Manager and Production Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- No Immigration Sponsorship available for this opportunity
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
- Previous experience in a Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) environment
- 3+ years production experience in a in a food, chemical, beverage or related batch manufacturing environment
- 4+ years manufacturing or military supervisory experience
- Some project management experience