Work Location: Lewiston, ID
Posted Date: May 19, 2017
Nalco, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for District Engineers in our Water and Process Services group. If you are a passionate professional that likes to work in autonomous, hands-on environment, we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering a competitive base salary, bonus structure and benefits.
You will be primarily responsible for working with Sales Representatives on executing service plans in strategic district accounts, and for revenue and profit growth of Nalco programs and services in your own assigned territory. This position can lead to a career in technical sales. You will learn to develop a consultative sales approach with an emphasis on strong account leadership skills and on selling competitive business. In addition, this position will require you to build long-term relationships with an existing customer base by understanding their key business drivers, executing system assurance programs, and selling new technologies.
- Provide routine service support to Sales Representatives in strategic district accounts to execute agreed upon customer system assurance and continuous improvement plans.
- Work closely with current customers, in your own defined territory, to understand business needs and recommend continuous improvement and innovation plans that will maintain and grow sales within your assigned territory.
- Develop strong relationships with the key stakeholders in both your own assigned territory, and in the strategic district accounts where you provide service support to other District Sales Representatives.
- Generate and execute sales plans in your existing customer base, and with other assigned prospective customers, to meet defined territory profit increase goals. Target % sales time will be approximately 10%.
- Provide technical support to customers; identifying and resolving customer challenges, escalating as required.
- Engage in problem solving by performing system analysis, interpreting data and providing written recommendations to ensure customer operations are performing at optimal levels.
- Actively sell and support Nalco innovations and technology in both your own assigned territory and in the strategic district accounts where you provide service support to other District Sales Representatives.
- Possible travel within assigned sales territory
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 10% overnight travel required to support sales territory
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record
- No immigration sponsorship offered for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial), or Life Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- 2+ years of successful technical service or field sales support experience
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Water treatment or specialty chemical industry experience preferred
- High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems)
- History of working in a field that required autonomy and self-motivation
- Prior experience that required excellent communication skills
- Prior experience that required excellent organizational skills
- Prior experience that demonstrates a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task