Category: Supply Chain
Work Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posted Date: May 19, 2017
Nalco Champion, an Ecolab Company, has an immediate need for a Warehouse Operator in our Energy Services division located in Grande Prairie, AB. If you are a dedicated Warehouse Operator with a proven track record of success we invite you to apply. This is your opportunity to join a large growing company offering competitive base salary and benefits.
The Warehouse Operator will be responsible for all SAP functions that relate to receiving and shipping our products and materials. He/she is capable of performing all receiving and shipping related tasks that will assure customer satisfaction. Areas of responsibility are to store all incoming finished products, and non-bulk raw materials, promptly, process all receipts in a manner that assures the satisfaction of our internal customers. To ship all products in accordance with all municipal and provincial regulations.
- Monitor the warehouse to assure the stock is stored in a manner that optimizes space.
- Perform stock cycle counts.
- Assure that all the required labels are affixed to the containers.
- Match all paperwork to the receipt or shipment before it is signed off; any discrepancies should be resolved before it is completed.
- Before loading or unloading a carrier check that it is safely docked and that the truck is safe to enter.
- Sign all bills at time of loading or unloading.
- Inform Materials Planner / Transportation Planner whenever an order cannot be properly received or shipped.
- Assure that all SAP problems, that cannot be resolved in a timely fashion, are directed to the Materials Planner /Transportation Planner for immediate resolution.
- Maintain the warehouse in a clean and safe manner.
- Report immediately to the supervisor whenever a problem with safety or housekeeping is observed.
- Perform all tasks in accordance with Nalco Champion guidelines and procedures and to maintain a working knowledge of those procedures.
- To actively promote all continuous Quality, Safety & Health, and Environment improvement programs such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, and COR.
- Experience working in a chemical manufacturing plant.
- Experienced forklift operations.
- A good punctuality and attendance record.
- A good degree of physical fitness, as the position requires heavy lifting.
- A responsible attitude towards quality and safety.
- Reliable transport.
- Some mechanical aptitude and knowledge.
- Basic math and chemistry knowledge.
- Basic computer skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Customer focused.
- Experience with handling products in various types of packages including bulk, drums, bulk totes and mini/micro-feed units
- Experience performing warehouse duties, which include preventative maintenance duties, inventory and ordering of chemicals, receiving incoming shipments, organizing warehouse for safe and efficient chemical storage, operation of customized chemical manufacturing equipment and the upkeep of warehouse grounds.
- Awareness of chemical safety and the measures to take in the event of skin contact or spill.
- 1 to 3 years of experience working in a similar chemical environment.
- Basic knowledge of personal computers and Windows software.
- Knowledge of pumps, valves, hand tools, and welding equipment.